1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Good , Better And Best

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 27, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

In School we learn lessons before we take the test… In life we take the test before we learn the lesson…
    Sometimes we are unsatisfied with our life , while many people in this world are dreaming of living our life.

We dont know about us but others especially our good friends will know more about us. There are some who want us to grow and always appreciate us and encourage us. Its with God's blessings and friend's wishes and inspiration that we are able to grow and reach our goal

From childhood I like to learn everything and be the best in everything. In some things I am good, in some better and I dont think I am best in anything. I feel I am Jack of some trades but master of nothing. I did not know cooking and before marriage was not interested in learning cooking and never thought I will be married to a family where each and everyone is an expert incooking. I used to feel bad about it in the beginning and tried to learn cooking, now I am much better than before but not become the best. Some days my cooking turns out best but some days I myself dont like my cooking. If someone is coming for lunch or dinner I get nervous. At times it turns out good and the guest are also happy. I feel very happy when they appreciate my cooking. I have a gem of a husband who tolerates whatever I cook so somehow I am managing. EVen my children like my cooking and they dont fuss on food. My son who stays abroad when he comes asks me to make dosa because he likes dosa with milagapodi on top . My dosas were coming good but I dont know whether it is the batter or the thava my dosas are not coming ok. Two days back my son had come since there was not time to grind I grinded urad dal which I had soaked and added idli rava and made dosa, I should have grinded the rava also but didnot grind. I felt dosa did not turn out properly but my son did not complain and ate the dosa.

My younger daughter also did not know much cooking and she was also married to a family where her mother in law is a great cook and nice of her though she is strict with her she taught her cooking and different kind of dishes. My daughter makes pal payasam very tasty . She stays in London and there many of her husband's relatives have come for lunch and dinner and appreciated her cooking. Day before also some relative had come and liked her payasam very much and appreciated. But her husband does not appreciate much, though her mother in law is expert appreciates and encourages her.

A child on a farm sees a plane, fly overhead and dreams of flying. But a pilot on the plane sees the farmhouse and dreams of returning home.

That's life. Enjoy yours. If wealth is the secret to happiness, then the rich should be dancing on the streets. But only poor kids do that.

If power ensures security, then officials should walk unguarded. But those who live simply, sleep soundly.

If beauty and fame bring ideal relationships, then celebrities should have the best marriages

Live simply, walk humbly and love genuinely . All good will come back to you

2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear viji mami,
    Really enjoyed reading your snippet. Yes, grass always appears greener on the other side. So, its best to take
    life as it comes ,away from any pretensions. I especially liked all the quotes at the end. Each one is to be read and absorbed.

iyerviji likes this.
  3. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

The last paragraph is 100% true.
    The grass on the other side is always greener and owing to which we tend to think that once we accomplish something which we dont have all issues will be solved.

iyerviji likes this.
  4. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji .....Nice snippet Viji maa.....Excellent words

iyerviji likes this.
  5. kiran82

kiran82 Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji ma,
    Yes, really life is a test for us where we learn many lessons. It gives me good feelings to read your snippets. Well-said simple truths of life.
    I always follow your last line-living simple, walking humbly and loving genuinely but awaiting good days.
    Regards,

iyerviji likes this.
  6. Poetlatha

Poetlatha Platinum IL'ite

@iyerviji : dear VijiMa,
    Excellent one, now you are on your writing spree or am i on a reading spree...!? Good one, as you concluded we should lead a simple life to be happy and satisfied. We always think the grass is greener on the other side but when we go the other side we feel its Greener on the place we were before...so wherever we are just being simple is the key to happy life! Awesome!

iyerviji likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Joy dear thanks for making me happy with your first feedback. Glad you enjoyed my snippet and the quotes. True dear we should take life as it comes then we can be happy

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Vani dear thanks for taking timeto give feedback to my thread in you rbusy schedule.

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your compliments kcb dear

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad you like my snippetsand to know you follow the last line