1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Good apartments in Westborough, MA?

Discussion in 'Indians in Westborough' started by cj1980, Aug 10, 2011.

1. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

Shrewsbury is far from EMC... Its always better to find a home near the office itself... Milford is the best... Thts closest to Hopkinton... There are good apartments in Marlborough too... U have Heights at Marlboro, then Royal Crest(not sure if the apts name is right)... Its gonna be three years since m in Shrewsbury... EMC office was in Westboro n Southboro earlier, n it is very close to Shrewsbury.. My husband is here in this place since 6 years... So we decided to continue staying here itself.. It was only in 2010 August tht they shifted to Hopkinton... Since we got adjusted to this place, we just dont wanna leave... Ur husband works for EMC in Banglore??? Yes during winter its very difficult to drive to office as its quite far...

I too came to the US for the first time in winter only... In January... I had already bought winter jacket, gloves n all from India... So I managed to reach here.. N then after cmong here, in a week my husband took me out n bought me all the accessories for the winter... Jackets, leather gloves, boots etc etc... Yes, winter is terrible here but I think u will get adjusted to it once ur here.. :)

2. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Hmm..yes, that is what my DH's colleagues mentioned too. I guess I'll stick to Westborough then for my apartment hunt.

My DH has been with EMC in Bangalore for a few years now. Good to know you've been in Shrewsbury for a while. Maybe you can suggest some places to shop for winter clothes! :)....are you also working or are you on H4? I hear a lot of sob stories of women in H4...hopefully I will find things to do other than twiddle my thumbs there! lol

You've been of great help. Thank you for taking the time to patiently answer my questions!

Good day,
    Carol

3. inlovewithmylyf

Thts not a problem CJ... We are after all here to help one another only na... There are a lot of shops here... U have BCF in Shrewsbury... U get all the winter accessories there, esp good winter coats... Yeah, I was on H4, but now on H1 n have not started workin as yet... Got my H1 visa approved only in August n tht is when I knew I was pregnant... Have been sufferin from severe Day n Night(would not call it a morn sickness, as I have it all thro the day n night)sickness n unable to even search for jobs... U can definitely find very good apartments in Westboro... Do look out for apts tht provides an individual washer or atleast a connection since ur allergic... Tc...

4. inlovewithmylyf

5. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Oh ok. I hope you feel better soon as you move past the first trimester. Nope, I don't have kids yet...we've been TTC for almost 1.5 years now...am trusting God to give us a baby according to His divine timing!

Is BCF burlington coat factory? I have heard good reviews about Land's End outerwear...is it any good?

P.S: Is it difficult to change visa status from H4 to H1?! How does one go about it?

6. inlovewithmylyf

Yes BCF is Burlington Coat Factory n Lands End is also good...

I don't think it is tht diffcult to change the visa status... One of my husbands friend in TX helped me change my visa status... So, it was kinda easy... Don't know about others...

Wish u good luck in ur TTC journey dear... U will be blessed soon... Tc..

7. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

8. saranyan

saranyan New IL'ite

hey gentlewomen ,

hope u folks doing good:).of late i was supposed to came across your thread when i was in search :spin of Apts near Westborough.And of course am freshman to IL and USA.i currently put up here hotel near Hopkinton, MA.i been here in hopkinton since a week .i just followed up your thread,seems its quite close to mine.so desperately need your help for looking out good apartmnet near westborough,MA.I'm looking for a 1 bedroom apt in vicinity of Westborough.my DH's office too in Hopkinton and am looking for apartment within 5 to 6 miles range from his work.Ideally,am keen about well maintained and safe community with sensible and affordable rent,since its summer the landlord hiked up the rents :rant,so i dont want that millstone around my neck.so kindly let me know about any good 1BHK apt (with some indians) in these localities.
    Thanks a lot in advance

waiting 4 ur reply

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  9. Revatshiva

Revatshiva New IL'ite

Hi,
    This is Revathy. We are moving to Boston by 2 weeks from Charlotte. I just saw ur discussion forum . If u don't mind can I just get some information about home school and good apartment in westborough. My sons are going to elementary school. So I'm just looking for school just rated 9&10. Can I get information about good Indian community apartment with best school. I need the school name too so that I can check with the great school rating. Thanks.

10. things4sahana

things4sahana New IL'ite

Hi All,

We are moving to boston area from california.Finally we decided Shrewsbury and westborough.My husband already moved there last week and he looked some apartments(Windsor ridge, westborough station inn, flander hills) and
    Madison place, Avalon(shrewsbury).

Any suggestions for the above apartments.He reaaly liked the Avalon, as it comes with the garage.

My daughter is in kindergarten.So I'm just looking for school just rated 9&10. Can I get information about good Indian community apartment ,so that me and daughter would have some company .I need the school name too so that I can check with the great school rating.

Thanks.
    Sudha.