1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

good apartments in santa clara,or sunnyvale

Discussion in 'Housing in Bay Area' started by mehekrao, May 24, 2009.

1. mehekrao

mehekrao New IL'ite

hello everybody.
    I'm a new member here.I'm Meghna..I wanted help from you people..Could you please suggest good apartments near sunnyvale or santa clara..My requirement is-I want washer and dryer within the unit,n also it wud be great if there is a good playschool near the apartment.Please gals suggest me some good apartments.I would be moving bay area pretty soon,so I need your suggestions...

2. sunny79

sunny79 New IL'ite

We lived in Aviare in cupertino for a year. The school district in cupertino is supposed to be good. The only complaints i had - the apartment we rented was dark during the day and too close to the road, also the rent was pricey. But if you get a nice sunny unit, and a good move in special, it may not be a bad choice. Not sure about nearby preschools.

3. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

congrats on the move to bay area .. it is nice here! where would you or your hubby be working? it would be best to secure an apartment near to there to cut down on commute time. sunnyvale/santa clara is a large area, and a 2 bed with washer and dryer will run you anywhere from 1500 bucks to 2000 bucks depending on the area

i live in elan apartments which is on the san jose / santa clara border. here a 2 bedroom is running for around 1800 , includes washer dryer and a bunch of other good amenities. a good pre-school nearby is one world montessori

4. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Try Marina Playa (near elcamino real and DMV). There are plenty of other apartment complexes in that area. In santa clara/sanjose are not many apartment complexes have washer/dryer in the unit. Few that I know of are Elan, Avalon, North Park, Amberwood apartment (North San Jose). You can also rent townhouse or duplex/condo in this area which has washer and dryer. For schools there are plenty options in bayarea, so you don't need to worry much about that part.

-Uma

5. quizzer

quizzer New IL'ite

Hi Meghna,

Welcome to Bay Area. Are you moving from Irvine, Orange county? We moved from irvine last year and currently in a condo. Looking to move to an apartment shortly.

I have heard good reviews about fair oaks west, elan, northpark. Let me know how your moving and apt hunt goes.

Cheers.

6. mehekrao

mehekrao New IL'ite

thanks gals for giving me information about the apartments...I've finalised some apartments,ie I have heard good reviews about Elan...And many of you here have recommended me this,so this is on my "sure to check out list"..I have also finalised on bella vista,La palma and Mansion Groove apartments..I want to know reveiws about these apartments...If anyone staying in these partments,or you know anyone staying in these partments,kindly let me know...How good is the safety concern?

Thanks in Advance

7. sunita04

sunita04 New IL'ite

I am staying in Mansion Grove since last Dec. We got a good deal over here and the location of our apartment is also good (not facing any of the construction bldg in the complex). Till date, I have not found any issues over here. The maintenance service is quite prompt and efficient. Nice playgrounds inside and near to the apt. Quite accessible place. Quite a lot of social activities are planned every once in 2 weeks by the management. I would suggest you to move here only if you get a good deal and a good front view (not near to any of the construction site) and a renovated one which will include washer dryer too. Even without washer dryer in old ones, I am not facing any inconvenience. If you want any specific information. Do ask me.

Regards,
    Sunita

8. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

mu husband stayed at mansion grove prior to marriage and some of my friends stay in mansion grove right now. unfortunately right next to the construction zones.... not a good situation to be in! elan has few advantages over mansion grove in my opinion

1. w/d in each apt included in the rent
    2. elevator in each building in elan, in mansion grove if you dont rent w/d you will have to lug laundry down to the basement, and if you have a baby, carry the stroller/car seat etc by hand .. not fun if you are on the 2nd or 3rd floor!
    3. 1 assigned parking at mansion grove and not too many outside spots. in elan they have 2 level underground parking in each buidling with unlimited parking, accessible from tle elevator. this is especially useful in winters and in the peak summers.
    4. mansion grove has the advantage of being located right next to the shopping area but there are too many housing units in that area and I feel it is quite congested. but there is an elementary school right across the street too.
    5. mansion grove apartments are congested i.e. located right next to each other in a line like at a hotel. elan is more spread out and has more privacy.
    6. mansion grove is supposed to be gated but I have never seen it gated. in elan the complex is not gated but you need a key to access each buidling's elevator and they are pretty good of making sure the access gates are secure at all times.
    6. interior finishings in the apartment eg kitchen cabinets, carpets, fixtures etc are better at elan

bella vista is located very close to mansion grove and that's a nicer complex in my opinion. some apts come with 1 car garages there too which helps with the storage situation. however, there is a low income housing located few doors down (but the complex itself is gated). but definitely it is better than mansion grove.

I am biased towards elan obviously bec. I have lived here for 2 years but before I moved in, I visited all the apartments in the area and found elan to be the best.

alternative thing you can do is look at craigslist.com and check for apartments/housing - put river oaks in your search criteria. river oaks is the development in which elan and avalon are located and there are 3-4 condo/townhome complexes here as well and sometimes become available.

9. quizzer

quizzer New IL'ite

Excellent post!!!

How are the preschools/public schools in all these apartment districts?

Thanks

10. mehekrao

mehekrao New IL'ite

Thanks a bunch again.U gals r very helpful..pmahensa,U've given a very good comparision.After reading your post,Elan is in my may be finalising list...Elan comes under river oak is it?Is river oak aartment complex name?Are there any good pre school near Elan?My daughter is 2 years young,so I would want to put her to a good playschool..Playschool thing also is one of my criteria.. How about the safety in Elan?

sunita--One of my friend recommended me Mansion groove.She said it good..So I want to know 4m u,the same thing,ie Pre school..Are there any good pre school around?any good deal going on for rent now?

thanks in advance