1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

good apartments in bayarea

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Maggie, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Maggie

Maggie New IL'ite

Hi
    I have a question.Could anyone suggest a good place to live in bayarea.Our apartment have raised the rent for 1bhr to 1200 $ and for 2 bhr to 1400$.We would like to move as its expensive with not much of facilites.Could any one suggest good apartments which are near to library/ park or any recreation center ........as i have a 2 year old boy.My places for option are around sunnyvale,santa clara, san jose and mountain view.

Thank you
    maggie

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Good Apartments

Hi Maggie,

Looks like your apartment is pretty reasonable to me. I have heard the other apartments going for much more than that. ( but i cannot say as i am out of the apt scenario). However, try Rosewalk Apartment in south San Jose. The complex is well located. Close to Hwy 87 and capitol expressway. They have shopping close by and i know there is a Childrens play school close by.
    Best bet would be for you to pick up the bay are apt listings and find out.

Good luck
    Vandhana

3. friends2b

friends2b New IL'ite

I feel it would be best if you checkout www.craigslist.org . You may find something good there.

4. Nila

Nila New IL'ite

Have you tried in Rent.com?

Hi Maggie,

Have you tried searching for apartments in Rent.com?

We keep moving to different places frequently because of my husband's nature of job.

I have signed up myself to rent.com and when I do a search giving the area name, I get several listings with move-in specials and sometimes photos of the apartments.

Also, if you finalise on a apartment and go back and make an entry in rent.com about finding an apartment, they send you cash reward.

Good luck in finding a best apartment.

Nila.

5. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

Rents have gone up

hi maggie,
    i guess the rents have gone up now!!!we are living in cascades,when we moved in a yr back we got it for $945(1 bdr,with special),now its gone upto $1125....We wanted to move but soon found out that other apts were charging more with less facilities...so we extended the lease....you can call up cascades &find out if they are giving any specials now....the number is 408-730-2500.
    Like others said, try also Rent.com, craigslist, Apartments.com .
    Hope u get a good apt soon!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2008
  6. kanmani

kanmani Junior IL'ite

I have tried apartments.com

Hi,

Now we are in a town house. But earlier, when we were in apartments, I have used Apartments.com and got good list of apartments with latest move-in offers.

You may want to try by signing-up with your email id and you will get the list of apartments emailed to you.

Kanmani

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2008