1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gone With The Wind……….

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by subhsk, Apr 3, 2009.

1. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

I am Narthika, working as a lecturer in a reputed institute in the heart of the city. I am waiting for my daughter to finish up her purchase of her trinkets. I am not in the condition to help my daughter in selecting the trinkets for her. My mind is completely preoccupied by Janu’s thought- My hostel mate. I never expected to meet Janu, after so many days, of course we can count them in terms of years. I remember the last day Janu left the hostel with swollen face and the eyes that dried with no more tears to shed.
    Janani, so called - Janu by her dear ones had always remained a great surprise for everyone. Cyclones in her educational life or Tsunami’s in her profession never succeeded in erasing the stretched ‘U’ lips. Yes, she had always remained so happy with great smile in her face.

If any room in the hostel is noisy, there is no doubt Janu is somewhere in the corner of the room silently cracking some jokes which makes others laugh aloud. She is so wonderful, spiritful, cute understanding friend. Moreover, I think she is the only girl in our whole hostel who got good name from our Terrific Warden.

Now coming back to the day she left the hostel. The typical orthodox family of Janu completely opposed her getting married to her beloved. The hasty command made was - ‘No one in our family ever had a love marriage and you are the one born to leave black mark in the history of our family”. She explained, begged; however there was no positive sign in her parent’s decision. All we could see her is walking in the terrace all alone in the hostel, thinking something so deep throughout the night.

Everyone in the room, suggested her to do register marriage. But didn’t receive any ‘yes’ or ‘no’ sort of answers from her.

The faith we had on her approach of fixing deadly issues started fading by seeing her tears. One final day she had to go back to her hometown on compulsion. We got to know, that Kannan got married to some other girl and got settled. We didn’t know whether it is true or not.

Now, this unexpected meeting gives me joy of meeting my friend after a long time. However I don’t know how to continue our conversation after formal whereabouts and well about.

She had the same big trade mark stretched smile in her face. But does it come from her heart or is it because of natural tendency of meeting a friend after a long time. She was well attired and I could not smell any drop in the economic status, or health issues. But what could be reason for the sorrow which is reflecting, though she thinks she is successfully hiding?

" Narthika, when did you come to Chennai, where are you put up? Is she your daughter? She is too cute and charming. What is your husband doing? "

I heard all her question as If coming deep from a valley and I answered something, without consciousness whether I am answering the appropriate question.

All I had in mind is why she is worn out? What happened to her? Her son doesn’t have any resemblance with her or with Kannan. Did he really marry some other? Why her parents did this to her? Perhaps her love failure had left such an impact on her. I am not going to ask her the past and let her down few more steps in the sorrow well she is. I bid a bye and left.

Well, gone with the wind is her boldness, her matured decision making skill, her determination, her love and hence her happiness.

“Mom, Shall we start? “ – Krithik. ‘Mom, Is she Narthika aunty you used to tell? And why she looked too sad and staring you so much?

Well, leaving all questions in the mind of Narthika and Krithik, I have some questions for you.

Do I need to tell Narthika that Janu got married to her beloved at the age of 40, when he met with accident and was hospitalized?

Yes ...Janu had in mind that more than the days of youth, this is the period when he really needs her love and care. And who is going to stop her in this age by saying the same old rules?

Janu brought up Krithik (Kannan’s son) as he lost his mother in same accident.

Do I need to tell Narthika, that it is not the failure sorrow that she saw in Janu’s face, but it is the matured and complete satisfaction of her life which she sees in the growth of Kirthik and the health progress in Kannan?

Gone with the Wind are the rules set by so called society or is the joy of married life they dreamt off?

SK

2. pshirisha

pshirisha New IL'ite

i am very sorry to Narthika that she did get her love..
    But by God's grave she got an another way to show love on the kid of Kannan..

3. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Hi Shirisha,

This is the love story of Janu and Kannan. Narthika is Janu's friend.

I Just wanted to highlight, that love remains unchanged under all circumstances.

Though Kannan is hospitalized, Janu didnt had any grudges upon kannan for betraying her and getting married to some other girl.
    She decided to spend her rest of the life for the benefit of Kannan and his son.

There lies the true love.

Cheers!!!
    SK

4. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

It is a good love story.

But ladies are always sacrificing their life for their love. Kannan conveniently got married and a son. But Janu she remained single and the future life she is sacrificing for the benefit of Kannan's son.

Can I say that this - the beauty of a lady?

andal

5. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Hi Andal, First of all thanks for the comment.
    Yes, The sentiments are more for women than men. This is a combination of a tiny segment of real story with my fiction touch.

Thanks
    SK

6. anushya

anushya New IL'ite

hi dear,

touching incident & thanks for sharing with us. i really congratulate her for her attitude towards her lover.

hats off janu!!

cheers,

anushya.

7. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Hi Anushya,
    Thanks for you good comments.

SK

8. chasha

chasha New IL'ite

janu had proved that love once bloomed will never change.Janu is really great.
    chasha.

9. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Hi Chasa....
    You are right.. True love never fades out or changes. Circumstances might hinder them in getting married. But who can wash of the love in them???
    Thanks for you comments chasha...

Cheers!!
    SK

10. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Hi subhsk,
    Janu made the choice and she lives by it. If she is happy with her choice i suppose must respect her.
    If this is a true story i really admire,as most of us trend to drift with time
    Jaya