Gold Shopping in Abu Dhabi Duty free Airport

Discussion in 'Travel' started by rishiberi, Mar 24, 2010.

1. rishiberi

rishiberi New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am travelling to Hyderbad,India via Ethihad Airways from Chicago on April 2nd. I have a stop over in my travel at Abhu dhabi international Airport. I heard middle east has fine gold ornaments with great quality and design. Can any one suggest me any ideas. My Aunt used to buy from there and i have personally seen the design and quality is great but she got it some 15 years back, she has no more idea .I want to buy chains for mangalsutra and bangles. What are the means of payment. are they reliable. I am ready to pay through master card and amex. Please pour in some suggestions.

Thanks
    Rishi.

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Did you buy anything from there???
    How was your expirience???
    I went to Dubai last year, but didnt feel like buying as it is very expensive right now :-(

3. malarun

malarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Puni,

The gold ornaments in Dubai was really cheap, but nowit is cheap. Before about 10 years back the gold rate itself used to be Rs 100 or something less for a gm or soverein not sure.

Also, they do not put wasteage for gold ornaments it is only making charge and the purity of gold there is really good.

Thanks
    Malar

4. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Oh. Thanks for sharing this info.
    But I am kind of scared to buy new set and wear any gold in India because of chain snatchers .