Going to mother's home during pregnancy - Tamil Iyer customs??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by carnatica, Jun 1, 2010.

1. carnatica

carnatica New IL'ite

Hello
    I am put up at Bangalore, and my parents and in-laws stay at Chennai. I have not travelled to Chennai since the discovery of my pregnancy. I am at 22 weeks now, 6th month as per Tamil calendar. Are there some guidelines as per Tamil Iyer customs on when to travel to mother's home for the first time during pregnancy?

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations!!!!!:thumbsup

I am married to Iyer, but don't follow the customs.

Those customs were followed for a reason. Olden day we gt married into neighborhood towns and transportation was not great. Now women work outside of home and modern technologies like Train, car made the travel safe and easy. . Whenever you can get time off form work, you should go. Talk to your doctor about your travel. Get their opinion.

Take care of yourself.

3. Divine84

Divine84 Junior IL'ite

Hi....

There rnt any customs for visiting ur parents..... just be sure abt ur comfort during the travel....

Usually if there is a seemantham, the day after tat u r supposed to travel from in-laws to moms for delivery........

Since I am working and planning to take a leave later, my parents and in-laws just saw a good day (nakshatram and all) near to the dates i am planning my leaves and am travelling to my moms then......but i have already visited them and tat time we didnt check anything.....
    and then also there r no customs as such.... so its totally upto u :)

Take care nd safe journey

PS: Am in chennai now and its burning hot!!!! :(