1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Going to India with 6months old baby. I am so confused about her feeding

Discussion in 'Infants' started by srimaauro, Sep 17, 2013.

1. srimaauro

srimaauro Senior IL'ite

Hi all ,
    i am travelling to India with my 6 months baby girl,I am worried about her feeding in flight and managing her in travel.help me. Can you please give your suggestion to handle weather,mosquito bites in India too. Thanks

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013

2. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

Since the child is only six months old it is better. Even I travelled with my DD when she was six months old. BF you can do on the flight itself taking a shawl to cover up. Wear a comfortable loose tee or feeding top and take a shawl to cover up. If she is used to taking up bottle or formula nothing like it then you need to be worried about anything. You can ask the flight attendant for warm/hot water and they will give it to you. In case you have started her on pureed food you can carry it along with you or a fruit perhaps. I had started DD on avocado and banana. I just used to mash it up and give it to her or maybe Gerber stage I.

Be careful during takeoff and landing as the air pressure change can hurt their ears. If possible have her suck on the pacifier or BF at that time. Our plane got stuck on the runway for about 20 min or so and since AC is generally off at that time my DD gave me a hard time since it was very hot and I had gotten her covered up. So if possible layer clothing for her which you can add later once the plane has taken off.

Take along plenty of diapers in your diaper bag and a change of clothes both for you and baby, multiple (some case child throws up).

Since she is only six months old no issues at all, toddlers are the most difficult to handle as they keep on running around or troubling.

I carried her in the kangaroo bag even though I had her stroller and kept all the luggage in the stroller(cabin bag diaper bag etc). check what suits you.

In India, what part of India are you visiting? Do not venture out during the afternoon time as you are not used to the climate/sun. Sleep in a mosquito net if possible.

Have a nice vacation.

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

4. Sehaj

Sehaj Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Don't worry..feed him at the time of takeoff and landing time..India's weather is OK for your lil one. Enjoy your journey.

preet

5. srimaauro

srimaauro Senior IL'ite

I am visiting chennai. Those informations are really helpful. Thanks

1 person likes this.