1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Going out in Style

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Going Out in Style

Laloo Prasad Yadav, today was critisised in the papers, for making good profits for the Railways,but endangering the lives of the passengers.He allows overloading of Wagons,which being heavy,put pressures on the tracks,putting cracks in them.

this is the problem of this country.If anyone brings in any changes, postive or negative,someone will critizise.Laloo for the first time in the history of the Railways,has brought in profits and huge ones,without laying off people,as the Americans do.this in itself is a great feat,which the foreigners cant do,and this illerate from Bihar has doneNo wonder he keeps getting called all over the world to explain his mantras of success.

But we are a nation of cribbers.We must find fault somewhere.If the sheet is white,we will try to find one black spot somewhere,instead of appreciating the cleanliness of it.All new ideas are shunned,or criticized.

Today my brother received a call from Spain,informing him of the death of a friend of his,age mid forties, of a heart attack.And my brother told me about the death and crematoriums over there in Spain where he stayed for 2 years,and went to a few funerals.He says as follows

1) The Crematorium - It is well landscaped with beautiful gardens,with chairs in the middle,where u can sit and drink beer while the body burns,and eat burgers and pizzas.the wait is pleasant.They have food courts,flower shops,and shopping arcades.the whole ambience is pleasant,making u feel u are in a mall.

2) The body - is brought in an Air conditioned limousine,so that the dead person is at ease.He is dressed in a full suit,and tie,with Shoes on,well polished,and make up on his face.the body is kept in a glass room,whereby all the mourners can have a last look at him.The Deceased looks as though he is going for a party,suited and booted,litrally.And here they remove yr clothes and put just a sheet over you.Sad.

3) Timings of Burning - The Spanish Govt made the timing of burning till 12 afternoon. If the body is late, then cremate the person the next day. The Indians,Specially Sindhis,got the time changed to 2 pm,as their lunch break starts from 1 to 3,and they wont have to miss their work when they go to the crematorium.

So it is a pleasure to go to a crematoium in Spain.And look at India.The deceased goes in an non airconditioned vehicle or taken by Road,and the guys who go with him,are themselves half dead when they reach there.then putting the wood, and waiting for the body to burn is not a very pleasant sight.

Why cant we have good crematoriums here like Spain.Some Air conditioned Veg Restaurants,cyber cafe's,book shops,Air conditioned waiting rooms,pepsi and coke kiosks,along with Coffee and Tea Machines.So the snacks and soft drinks are on the family of the deceased,why should they not pay for that.It is not a pleasant occassion to go to the crematorium,and it is their job to make the guests comfortable.

It just donst make sense to burn in the heat,like the corpse on the pyre.After all, we are living,and he is not.And in the Air condtioned waiting room, i would remove the old sign

" Today is his number , tommorrow could be yours ( scary things to read) and replace it with

" Today he is dead and burning, But u are alive and living.Enjoy our Air conditioned ambience and comforts,and snacks,while u are alive."

Live while you are alive.Amen.

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Kamal,

This thread should not be missed by people who save every penny of tomorrow... I have few around me..... What a waste of life..........

Well, i enjoy life to the fullest...... never miss any opportunity.........

Good write up....

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Malspie,

thank u very much for yr kind comments.Glad u liked it.Regards.kamal

4. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Kamalji,

One reason why I like Laloo is his witty answers. He looked more like a clown than a serious politician. So it was surprising to hear that he had turned around one of the world's largest rail networks into a profitable entity. As a minister he did exhibit a lot of will in going for some ingenious ways without burdening the passengers much. But what he could do for the railways, he could'nt do for his poor native state.

It is true that crematoriums are in a sorry state in India. In a metro like Delhi till not long ago there did not exist a crematorium for children. Sad!

In many homes and families, people keep fighting like dogs, barking at each other, cribbing, cursing and abusing all their lives. And then suddenly one day when one of them is gone, the others gather around and wail and cry. May be their cry is a cry of joy that the other is gone :confused:? Or is it that they do'nt even want the other to depart joyfully, so they keep pounding him/her with their loud noises :mad: .

As always, Kamalji, thank you for sharing your valuable views.

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Nivediji,

wonderful response.

How well u said, about a person departing and others crying so that he dhould not go in peace:-(

Dont u think same is the case with orbituaries in the papers.I have never come across one where the person departed is abused.All are said to be nice people,etc etc.

So this proves only good people die :) :wink: :mrgreen: HAHAA.

Thanks and regards.kamal