1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Going Off Watsapp,phone App,facebook Etc..

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Jan 15, 2021.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

unfortunately no...but they have my hubby's contact just in case.

this social media is only temporary..hoping to begin for few weeks and then see..

Mistt likes this.
  2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Been there, done that. :grinning: And good luck to you for this detox mode. It feels good.
    So what I do to detox is I have a simple 1000 rs phone which can only take calls. I take my sim n put in this basic phone .. And the smart phone will be lying at the cupboard in silent mode with maybe wi fi on..
    I don't like to miss out on the messages. So I catch up later probably after a week. :grinning:

shravs3 likes this.
  3. sravyareddy

sravyareddy New IL'ite

Good Decision. Some people terrified to be away their phones nowadays. Mobile phones are going to be more dangerous nowadays .

4. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

My suggestion is add contacts of your mom, well wishers and other important/emergency numbers in your phone app. Just create WhatsApp with your near & dear and think twice when adding someone newly in WA. Let it go off others who aren't worth for you.

5. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

You did the right thing...some people are just toxic and lower your self esteem...you can live peacefully for some days..but as others suggested pls be available for your near and dear ones so they can call in case of emergency..don’t cut them off...
    One suggestion would be to have two SIM cards, one for whatsapp and general keeping in touch with all..and one alternate sim , number shared only for immediate family members..you can use it when going off social media.

6. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

I deactivated my fb 4 years back and i feel that was the best thing i did. I am not on any other social handles, except whatsapp....
    I feel sane and nice about this.....

7. Cool10

Cool10 Silver IL'ite

I was off Facebook for half a decade but have reactivated it now as I missed out on announcements, updates from friends.

I was also off WhatsApp for a couple of years with no other social media accounts. If you delete WhatsApp and restore it later on, the messages do come back if you backed up before deletion.