1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gods For Sale

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Gods On Sale
    <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

Jaipur has a street called " Khazanewalon ka Rasta " ( The Street of Treasures),where Marble statues are made of Gods.This is one painful street for me to take visitors to.The street is narrow,cars can go in, but there is no parking available, and it is very difficult to negotiate parking there.

There is a favourite shop of mine, outside which i park my Car,because ahead of the shop is a roadside temple, and a small space is there where my Maruti Van can just fit in.He is a reasonable guy,and I buy mostly from him.Can u beleive it, I must have bought Hundreds of Gods for my brothers in Mumbai, and NRI cousins,but i dont have one Marble Statue of any God in my home, barring the Ganesh which i had bought when i shifted in 20 years ago.

The sad part is when i made the house i forgot two main things, A Bar, and a Pooja Room.No wonder i dont Win the Monthly competition in Indus.This is the curse of the Gods, and the Whiskey manufacturers, but never mind.Winning is not everything in life , is it ?

Sorry I am straying from my main subject, like i strayed the other day with Rakhee Sawant in my last blog.Gods are made by the hundreds here everyday..They are a commodity to be bought and sold.As long as they remain in the showroom they are like a statue, but the minute they come into our houses,they become Gods, the all powerful to whom we pray for our wishes to be granted.Just imagine buying a God for 5000/- and then asking 5 crore worth of wishes from him or her ! I just laugh at my cousins from overseas,they have pooja rooms there, and want to fit in a new God.Maybe the old Gods have become deaf i suppsoe.Even Gods age with time, and maybe losing their hearing.After all this is Kaljug.

Since i am a frequent visitor in this lane of Gods,most of the shopkeepers know me, and come running from here and there,and make me feel important in front of my guests.They ask us, " Kaunsa Bhagwan Chayiye " meaning which God do u want.Arre bhai, all Gods are good, i want to yell, but keep quiet.

And i swear these sculptors are geniusess.They keep making so many different poses of each god.There is a Shiva with 2 hands, with 4 hands, with Parvati, without her,Ganesha, the fatter he is , the more expensive he becomes ( They put more marble in his tummy, u see !) .Lord Krishna even has a bank named after him , just opposite ICICI Bank here.Once the manager came to me for Deposits, and i told him I dont trust your Bank.When i come to take my money back, you might say to me, sorry sir,Go ask Lord Krishna, yesterday night he took away all the money to Vainkunth.The guy was shocked out of his wits.The owner of this Bank, was murdered in Africa, a few years back,hands and feet tied,something to do with a large amount of cash that was stolen from him, and it was suspected he called a girl to his room, and he was set up.And this is the Bank they want me to put in my hard earned money !

And there are people who make marble statues of their parents or grandparents.these are made from Photos given to them.First they make it in plaster of Paris,and when u approve, they make it in Marble.But just as people leave their parents on the streets, here too we see so many Dadaji's stranded on the roadside,as they must have run short of money to pay for the marble statue,or just lost interest.

So guys and Gals, if u want your marble statue made even while u are alive, u can contact me here.For some cut, i can arrange that too ! Chew it over.Adios.

I took my HongKong cousin and his wife there last week, and her are some of the Pics of the Gods on Sale.By the way he bought two Gods for his Pooja Room.

My wife is to the left

My wife to the left,cousin and his wife

[​IMG]

Some of the exusite Marble Statues, still to be coloured

[​IMG]

Crying Baby ?

[​IMG]

A Couple of Dadaji's waiting for their kin to pick them up

[​IMG]

This fellow must be cursing his kith and kin for leaving him on the roads.I have seen him for the past so many years at the same spot,rotting in the rains and the cold

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

My wife and my Hong Kong Cousin and his wife

How come i cant post pics in the blog, but i can post in the comments section.Can anyone me post pictures in the blog itself

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  3. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

this takes the cake....i must say i have never had such a hearty laugh. your snippets are really a prize. thanks for making me laugh so much....warm wishes...aqua.

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Aqua,

One thing good about u is u comment on so many blogs, and yr comments make me feel good.I feel nice that u appreciate my blogs.thanks so much.If u have the time read some of my older posts.Thanks.kamal

5. Moonbeams

Moonbeams Bronze IL'ite

Where rr the pictures.........

6. srivatsa

srivatsa New IL'ite

Hi kamalji,

A Bar, and a Pooja Room.Yes even my flat has those missing and i want to get both of them done. And the funniest part of it is both are for my loving Hubby.

Regards
    Sri

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

HAHA.obiously the bar wouldnt be for u.Regards.kamal

Moonbeams,

Now u can see the pictures.Regards.kamal

8. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji
    kya bath hai yaar? aap bahud badiya aadmi..ek bar tho nahin hain kya baath hai..kuch nahe..aur pooja room nahin hai voh teek nahe hai..jaldi se pooja kamre build karo...its more difficult to write than to speak
    you get my drift..I think its very essential to have a pooja room but you write with such humor that i can only agree and appreciate (BTW did u read my blog in this section about boldly going where no MAN ....i too have tried my hand at humor:hiya)

Those marble statues are AWESOME omg truly they are nice..love it..unbelievable talent..truly incredible..thanks for sharing..i'mplanning a visit.. mujhe chota sa god teek hun..

9. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Kamalji,

Had a nice time reading. wow!! what a awesome marble pieces. thanks for posting them.Bow

10. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Really nice photos and post.... I couldnt accept that you dont have a Bar in your house.... But when you have the whole house... why a seperate 5/5 corners.... Great Concept.... The Pooja Room...?? How come Mrs.Kamalji didnt object....

So, you are involved in exports of the GODs also... Greatji....

Veda