God's Cake

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by aarthi, Nov 25, 2005.

1. aarthi

aarthi New IL'ite

Thought of sharing this with u all ...........
    Subject: God's Cake
    Sometimes we wonder, "What did I do to deserve this?" or "Why did God have to do this to me?" Here is a wonderful explanation! A daughter is telling her Mother how everything is going wrong, she's failing algebra, her boyfriend broke up with her and her best friend is moving away.

Meanwhile, her Mother is baking a cake and asks her daughter if she would like a snack, and the daughter says, "Absolutely Mom, I love your cake."

"Here, have some cooking oil," her Mother offers. "Yuck" says her daughter.

"How about a couple raw eggs?" "Gross, Mom!"

"Would you like some flour then? Or maybe baking soda?" "Mom, those are all yucky!"

To which the mother replies: "Yes, all those things seem bad all by themselves. But when they are put together in the right way, they make a wonderfully delicious cake!

God works the same way. Many times we wonder why He would let us go through such bad and difficult times. But God knows that when He puts these things all in His order, they always work for good! We just have to trust Him and, eventually, they will all make something wonderful!

God is crazy about you. He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning.

Whenever you want to talk, He'll listen. He can live anywhere in the universe, and He chose your heart.

If you like this, send this on to the people you really care about. I did.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Be Cheerful Always
    aarthi

1 person likes this.

2. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

a lovely post

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance."

A very important philosophy Aarti. Yes, life may not be a party but we can swing to the happy tunes of our heart...so, filling the heart with happiness and joy is important.
    Most of the time, we mix ingredients of the cake all wrong and then throw the cake, that it turned out bad. The same thing with our lives too..
    A lovely post, Thank you
    ambika

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Moving Story, Aarthi!

He can live anywhere in the universe, and He chose your heart.
    Though I have heard the story earlier the lines after the story are quite wonderful, especially the line I've quoted above. Yes, God's crazy about us and He has, out of His boundless love, chose our hearts as His home.
    God being omnipotent (all powerful) and omniscient (all-knowing) and omnipresent (present everywhere) does not impress me. These qualities are the natural adjuncts of the King and the Ruler of the Universe. But God being all-loving that's where I fall for him, fall at his feet and want to be there for ever. As the post rightly says there is no need He should live in our hearts. Yet, he has chosen to. Can there be a greater love than this in the whole universe?
    All other loves we experience (as between the lovers, friends, mother-child and so on) are but dim reflections of His love. And all other loves are either space-bound and/or timebound. His love is the one which is truly boundless.
    We might fail in loving Him but never for a moment has He ceased to love us. You want direct proof? Our existence.
    A very good post, Aarthi.
    sridhar

4. kalpana

kalpana Junior IL'ite

lovely message

Hi Aarthi,

Thank you very much for posting this lovely story. I liked it.
    Do you read lot of spiritual books?

let me know.

regards
    Kalpana.

5. ramyaviyer

ramyaviyer New IL'ite

Hi Aarthi

i am new member to this forum and i just went thru this little story of yours...it is splendid and has helped me change my outlook towards the problems I am facing in my life

6. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

Re: Moving Story, Aarthi!

Dear Aarthi ma'am,

The story that you had mentioned stroke a bell in me about the movie that I enjoyed watching !! It was "Bruce Almighty". Guess you would have too!!

And i sincerely agree with Varalotti sir's view point that "even if we fail to reciprocate God's love; he never fails to pay his love for us" !! Do we really sit back and realize the presence of God within us? Do we try taking a step towards "him" as a small gesture for what "he" has blessed us with? Do we spend time for a calm meditation so that we can proclaim "him" to stay within us for ever?? Do we have a small place in our tender heart for the "legend" who gifted us with the heart that has the tendency to both shower affection as well as push others in want of more!! ??

When we find an answer that will satisfy our own self, it means we have understood the "purpose in our life" !! That in itself would be a rewarding gift we owe to the Almighty for which "he" would feel "the purpose behind his creation" is met !!

Regards
    RamyaVaradharajan

7. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Aarthi,

That was a real good story with a lot of meaning and purpose... If we start accepting things without questioning why me..... Happiness will prevail at the end... There is nothing called Bad in Nature, Gods creation... Each one has a set of chain action / reaction... If we understand and accept.... then there is happiness in everything and everywhere....