Godd Day to perform Satya Narayana Pooje in Feb 2010

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by kCheluvaraj, Jan 15, 2010.

1. kCheluvaraj

kCheluvaraj New IL'ite

Hi Freinds,

I wanted to perform Satya Narayan pooje in Feb durng Pournime (Full Moon Day). But my date falls during the month end.

I live in Sydney, Parramatta.

I have been planning from 2 years and my husband is not willing to perform at home and I love to do it at home and call few people and arrange for dinner.
    Things are some times goes to worst between me and my husband.I have 2 year old Son.
    Finally I have decided to do it my home I really need some advise from you girls.

Please suggest me
    Do I need to present anything to ladies? If so what should I and what to pregnent ladies?
    Good dates like Punime or Saturday?
    And if you think you can give me more advise on this

Thanks.

2. narra

narra Silver IL'ite

hi,
    The Satyanarayana Puja is usually done on the poornima day of every month. it can be performed on any other day too.pooja is about 3 to 4 hours. So it is advisable to start early around 8-8:30 am and finish in time before 1 PM. see this link for more info:
    Satyanarayan Puja - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

as per your question, you can give them a thamboolam with bloue piece, half coconut with some prasadam too. one of my friend did this pooja and she gave us prasadam, one fruit and scented candle. hope it can help you

3. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear

You can perform Satyanarayana Pooja on pournima day or Ekadasi day or saturdays or any other day.
    Start the pooja early.
    You can do pooja on your own.Husband need not be present around. Don't force him. For shasthram sake you can put dhoti or towel of ur DH near you. Generally these are of pattu (silk) ones which we use during pooja time.
    Prasadam is important. Distribute to one and all who comes home.
    Generally for all ladies thamboolam is given with Prasadam, Fruits, Beetel leaves, beetel nut, kumkum,Manjal(Turmeric), dakshina-coin, blouse piece.
    if you have lot of coconut PCs (Halves). Fill the prasadam in it and give.

My sincere advise is don't wait for auspicious dates or times. Do it immediately. For Sathyanarayana Swami Vari Pooja ALL DAYS ARE AUSPICIOUS.

Even for Pregnant ladies we give the same.

Regards
    Saras

4. kCheluvaraj

kCheluvaraj New IL'ite

Hi Thanks for your great repsone and thanks for everyone.

I have scheduled for 30th and by HIS grace i got my period very realy this time, So i am ready to do pooje on 30th whick full moon day.

Is there any partculars numbers of people to be invited? I have some very close friends and I dont want to ignore anybody.

Please advise me....

5. narra

narra Silver IL'ite

hi, you can invite everybody. there is no restiction.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  6. kCheluvaraj

kCheluvaraj New IL'ite

Hi friends,

Thanks for your replies and suggestion but atlast my husband came up with new way to stop this pooje by saying that he wants to change the house we are are currently renting and once we find new (renting) house we can perform pooje there. He said since we leave this currently renting hiouse why we need to perform pooje and leave..and we can do it in new house(when we find).

I guess Sri LakshmiNarayana himself dont wanted to be worshipped by me and keeping me away...I fought with my husband but my Mum and brothers said husband himself a form of God so no use in hurting and making him upset and doing pooje, rather listen to him and wait for the time..when time comes God will change everything as he like and make it a big success...

Dont know where am heading to...

7. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Satya Narayana Poojai is not just for the old home or new home, it's for your welfare and its showing your love to the LORD. Did you check with your husband to see if he's interested in doing the pooja in a temple?

The pooja doesn't necessarily have to be in your home. It can very well be in a local temple or something.

Don't look for good days. For performing pooja any day is a good day but people prefer doing it in purnima day as it's considered to be auspicious.

If you decided to do it and try to arrange with fullest dedication the LORD himself will change your husband, don't worry.

-Uma

8. kCheluvaraj

kCheluvaraj New IL'ite

Hi Uma,

Thanks for your reply and advise.
    Regrading performing pooje in Temple my husband permission is on and off. But he said he is ok to do it when we move into new rented house.
    As I dont want(my family) to annoy him by doing agaist him... am waiting to take an opprtunity of doing it in new rented house (as he promised) so I will be very much confirmed about his inetnsion if he says NO even after moving to new rented house in that I will have no choice but to do in temple.

what do you girls say?

Thanks.