1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

God - Man Proposes You Dispose It

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Thyagarajan, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: GOD - MAN proposes YOU dispose it - Story that turned me a writer :hello:

A friend of mine several years younger than I, got his maiden story appeared in a popular daily that inspired me to start sending type-written stories to news papers and certain magazines. The young author also impelled me to write so that my leisure-time spent usefully and productively.

A link to that inspirational story that was based on real happening is posted below:

Mystery of the Missing Teacher and Her Forgetful Husband - The New Indian Express

This story would well relate to absent minded persons and incidents that cause setbacks and bickering in domestic arena. Persons fail to leave “office-mind” & matter at office, arrive home with mind obsessed with office issues which invariably turns deleterious & has debilitating effect at home.

I had then couple of friends, who invariably think of home while in office and of office - while at home and one knows why their performance was at its lowest ebb.

It is therefore felt that both office & home get better attention & good decision-making, avoiding mixing up office for home and vice versa is a sine qua non.

Like kid returned from LKG class , few would come home and reel out as a habit in one breath, all that happened at work place to spouse resulting swinging moods and that at times rob sleep & peace in home.

It may be necessary at times for men too to get better perspective, discuss the office issue with spouse who is bestowed with intuition and known for holistic approach. It may turn out to be a great face saving, besides getting approbation and accolades from superior(s).

Once, I did not disclose of a proposal at my headquarters at New Delhi, considering me for a post at London office attached to the Indian embassy. My local office colleagues were all aware of it.

A few weeks gone by. One of my office colleagues, who was away to headquarters on tour returned & in the same evening visited my home when I was yet to return from office.

My friend knocked the doors at the ground floor. The moment the door was ajar, he had cheerfully congratulated my spouse telling her to get prepared to shift residence to London .

Bewildered and then my spouse told him that she was never aware of any such proposal and expressed surprise that how come I had never mentioned anything to that effect to her. My friend blurted that this talk was going on in the office for over three weeks.

Your guess here is right. Yes - When I returned from office tad late, she spoke in mono-syllables and then it resulted in silent-treatment! No pillow talk.

I politely and softly tried to convince her for hiding it. I told that given the whimsical mind of bureaucracy & last minute political interference and or influencing that takes root in high places, reversals can take place at short notice and that thought hindered me from telling her about it: and added further that I did not want her to have any kind of expectation and suffer terrible disappointment.

Teary-eyed, we got into sleep.

But then you know what happened to my London posting from the narration in the link:

Spouse, Son & I Are Off To London Via Airindia Boeing 747

GOD - MAN proposes YOU dispose it.

messedup likes this.