GOD is Our Heavenly Father

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Sarah61212, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Sarah61212

Sarah61212 Silver IL'ite

In this world, God comforts us and ensures a triumphant future for us.

Before Lord Jesus was taken up to heaven on the completion of His ministry on earth, He comforted His disciples for whom He had great compassion. He wondered how His children, who had been with Him so long, would bear His absence.

He blessed them saying: ‘I go to prepare a place for you….. I will not leave you as orphans. I will send you a Helper, the Holy Spirit. He will ever abide with you.”

A little boy very eagerly got ready to go to his friend’s birthday party. His father who noticed it asked him how he would go in that biting cold outside.

The boy said that he had promised his friend that he would attend the party. All of his friends would be there. So he should go anyhow. The father thought for a while and said, “All right, go then.”

The boy was extremely happy. He collected the birthday present he had purchased for his friend and walked towards his house, braving the fierce cold and snowfall. As he reached his friend’s house and turned back, he saw a human figure withdrawing into the misty darkness. He found out that it was his father.

Only then he realized that though his father had allowed him to go, he was reluctant to send him alone and shadowed him so as to ensure that he reached his friend’s house in safety. How great was his love! Similarly, the Lord, our heavenly Father, is greatly concerned about us.

In our lives also, when we have to encounter storms and stress, fear and loneliness, the Holy Spirit will come to our aid. He will accompany us wherever we go and fight our battles. The Lord says, "I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty" (2 Corinthians 6:18). God is our Heavenly Father. He loves us and cares for us, His children. He will never forsake us. He will always be with us and protect us under the shadow of His wings.

Loving Lord Jesus, You are my Heavenly Father. I trust in your loving kindness. Have compassion on me and comfort me with your wonderful love. I take refuge in You. Accompany me wherever I go and fight my battle. Bless me with a successful future. Abide with me forever.