1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with him. Jim Elliot Read m

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Dec 28, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Kaadu vavaa engiradhu veedu po po engiradu. This my elder brother used to say when he was above 30 or so when sometimes he used to get fed up. He is always an active person and now at the age of 81 yrs also he does not look so old. He did not learn music but sings very well. He had health problems after sixty but still he used to be active. All his life he was always thin and used to look young even after sixty but now since one year or so he has put on little weight. I think those who think of dying fast live longer.
    I also sometimes feel depressed especially when mydh was not well used to feel what is going to happen, whether he will be there or not. But with the grace of God and elders he is normal now and started doing social activities like before. This week on Vaikunta Ekadesi he started going to help the people when someone died in their house. Yesterday evening he had gone and again today morning he has got duty. He and his friends are always ready to go anytime to help when someone dies. His friend told him also why you have started going for which he ssaid I don’t do anything there only go for support. Going and attending itself is so stiring but he does with all his heart. I just pray to God that he should have a healthy life in the future .
    Though I feel depressed seeing the activities in IL and seeing the talented writers, the youngsters talented in crafts and other works I get inspired and want to live long. But it is not in our hands. I have lived life to the fullest and thanks to Malathy and Jey forthis wonderful site where I think I am the one who enjoys the most. If not for this site I don’t know how I would have been. Through this site I have got loving daughters, loving brothers and sisters. What else do I want in old age. If I die tomorrow also I will go happily but only thing God should give me the opportunity to know that I will leave this world. Then happily bidding goodbye I will go.
    I used to go for Sapthangam on the last day. Now this year I have started going from the beginning as they have changed the timings of Parayanam and Pravachanam. Earlier they used to do parayanam and then say the story. Now from 6 to 10 Parayanam and 10 to 12 pm Pravachanam , then 12 to 2 pm lunch , again 2 to 4 parayanam and 4 to6 pravachanam We attend only in the mornings. After attending feeling good. Pravachanam is about Krishna Leela so it is very interesting. It is said once you start hearing Bhagavadam you feel like going always. God wants only bhakthi towards him and whoever does bhakthi in any form He helps them. Sitting at home and doing our duties also we can show our bhakthi towards Him. Thinking of Him all the time also is good. Though I spend most of the time in IL but my mind is always towards God only. I want to be like Gopikas , how lucky they were to be In the midst of Him.

My co sister in law had gone for a Sapthangam. After the last day of Sathangam she forgot everything and could not realise anyone. She was in the hospital for some days and then she left the world. Before leaving the world also she did not recognise anyone. I think she got hold of Lord Krishna's legs tight and He took her to His world.
    I wanted to post this in the morning itself but I think God did not want me to post in a hurry so the net went off and I left as I had to go for Sapthangam. This time the are saying only about Krishna Leela. I came back thinking now the net must have come but there was no current. Now when the current has come the net is not available.

2. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

Re: God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with him. Jim Elliot Re

Mam,
    The topic of your thread itself is superb and 100% true. Sincerely I believe this. At time of pain I leave it to GOD. Really you are a gifted person. For good people only good things will happen. I wish THE ALMIGHTY gives you the enough strength to overcome all your sorrows and pain. Happy to know you brother is so active even at this age of 81. My mother is 80. It is obvious that every senior citizen wishes that their End should be a peaceful one but it will be very painful for youngsters to hear from the elders. I feel the same to hear from you those words. I wish you live happily with long life with your DH ( I pray God for his speedy recovery) and guide us through this IL.

Many do not know the history of this site, how it started and also when. You being one of the seniors we would like to know about this site which has members more than a lakh. I request you to start a thread on this topic and help us to know about this site and about the wonderful people who are the reason for this IL.

Requesting your blessings and guidance
    One of your loving daughters
    GaythriV.

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Re: God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with him. Jim Elliot Re

My dear Gayathri

Thank you for your first fb. Thanks for your appreciation about my write up. Iwish your mom also a healthy life. Thanks for your good wishes. There are ILites who are a member of this site before me.
    you can go through this link to know about this site which was published in The Hindu The Hindu : Metro Plus Chennai / Gender : It's virtually for women

1 person likes this.