1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

GM Diet

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by anupama, Feb 21, 2006.

1. batradeep

batradeep New IL'ite

pls suggest

2. geetadamle

geetadamle Silver IL'ite

Absolutely agree!!:cheers:cheers
    It is a FAD Diet.. do not fall prey to such diets.. Your weight will bounce back and you will gain twice the amount you lost in half the time

I have a slightly different opinion about detox...I think by eating healthy automatically our body will start getting better.. by doing detox, one agrees that all that was fed to the body all these years was bad stuff.... thats not true..whatever it may be.. our body has supported us through thick and thin... So learn to respect your body and show some love/care.... stay away from fad diets...

3. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Agree with you Geeta - our body is quiet patient and nurturing for all the abuse we do it.
    GM diet was originally developed for General motor employees as a way of a break from the regular foods and it was an employee morale boost programme.

Every culture has such thing once a year - our vrats for some festivals, lent, ramzaan..
    Every culture, every religion promotes the same idea - to take care of our body in one form or another.

It is a myth when people (including me) just google for ' quick weight loss' and end up in diets

4. geetadamle

geetadamle Silver IL'ite

ptamil,

You are not alone.. Once upon a time even I had fallen prey to this FAD diet... I was so naive at that time!!:bonk I think at some point or other each one of us has been through this :spin But not anymore... :cheers

5. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

hmmm..Maturity comes when hit 30s,eh? :)

6. geetadamle

geetadamle Silver IL'ite

ptamil,

For me it came before 30 :p LOL Turning 29 next month :p:p

7. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

:thumbsup
    I am a little slow catcher, but I am glad I have understood the importance now..Still much to learn, but I feel less guilty of myself now-a-days

8. geetadamle

geetadamle Silver IL'ite

hey ptamil,

GOod going there.. I too dont feel guilty anymore.. theres no reason to feel that way

I just made mutter paneer(home made paneer)... and had 2 pieces of organic extra dark chocolate...!! Yum Yum! Can't wait to have my lunch!!

9. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Wow...mutter paneer..you gave me a good idea for the weekend..
    I have some paneer left over from last week . Even I have started to make at home, though I dont get it perfect texture as we get from outside.
    If you have any tips or tricks, please share

10. rashima4u

rashima4u Silver IL'ite

for a new person this diet seems great as you loose 2-4kg in 1week, but you ladies have had experience with that so you know that hard work with gmdiet will be lost if you do nothing to maintain it.

i saw this forum recently and was very happy to see this miracle diet :)
    what i want to know from you experienced ladies is

what if i follow gmdiet for 1w and then on healthy food with regular exercise and then again on gmdiet and then after reaching my goal get back to balanced diet and workout

what do you think about this??

to make paneer in good shape, i have 2 plastik boxes and in 1 i have made small holes on bottom, so when my paneer is ready i put one thin cotton cloth in this plastik box(with holes) and filter water and now press this with 2nd box so this will press paneer well and then keep 2kg weight on this.

after 1hrs you will have paneer in thik squired shape, rape in plastic panni and keep it in fridge...enjoyyyy