1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

GM Diet

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by anupama, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Vatsala009

Vatsala009 New IL'ite

Hi...

I need a help...i have a very plumpy face...i m not fat n of normal height...eventhough i try to loose my weight..its not effecting my cheeks...plz tell me some excercise or any tips for this..

Thank you

2. pearl14

pearl14 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I was on GM diet this week , but I couldnt continue after the second day. :hide. Its really great that you people manage to complete it. About me, I dont have a lot of weight to loose,but of course I've gained some after coming to US.Last year I was following a workout schedule, and I lost 10 pounds in like 3 months. I didnt diet though.Then I was pretty busy with my job and family, (and also lazy :roll:) that I didnt work out and I've gained back half my weight.

Those of you considering to follow GM diet for the first time.. Let me tell you one thing.. its not Easy.Atleast it was not easy for me..

1.you need to drink 10 glasses of water and you'll go to the restroom for every half an hour. I found this difficult while I was in office (especially during meetings).

2.Another important thing is , you need to eat for every 1 hr or so, or whenever you are hungry.Its ok during the day time.. but it was very difficult for me during the night. I woke up and felt hungry all through the night. I managed for the first day, but the second day was horrible. I started feeling dizzy and I had a horrible stomach ache.. so I decided to give up.

Inspite of all this , I think It will work.. 'cause I lost like 2 pounds in 2 days..
    Insted, I'm going to do it in a normal way, by working out half an hour a day..I think this is not for everyone..But , I dont regret trying it out.

Pl. note:These are my Experiences only.. Each of us are built differently and have different matabolism (even will power and goals :) ) .Please take that into consideration!

3. shruti1234

shruti1234 New IL'ite

Re: GM Diet(need immidiate reply)

Hi anupama,

i asked question in the morning also .... but couldent get reply...

before your reply i already made Gujarati Khichadi with rice& litttlebit mung dal,salt,haldi,red mirch, & seasoned with 1 drop oil & rai-hing. and i eat 1/2 cup . i can't tell u how iwas satisfied today after longtime i got hot hot khichadi.....:bowdown

i don't know i did right or wrong...

tomorrow 6th day... vegtables with rice.... can i make subji or bhaji (bhajipav's bhaji) of Boiled vegetables & eat with rice??? pl, informe me.....

on banana -milk day..... i make banana shake mixing banana & milk ?? am i right???? i add little bit banana smoothi powder(included sugar) . Am i wrong???

can we use salt in gm diet???

pl, let me know what what is not included in gm diet...

Your tips is very important to me...

I am doing 1 hour exercise regulerly, drinking water perfectly..... fruit and veg. days i did perfactly , but i think after banana -milk day i gain weight 1 pound. and today i eat khichadi ... i don't know it will help me to loose weight or gain weight??? i don't want to gain my weight again... pl., tell me

tomorrow can i make subji of boiled veg with salt,mirch & little seasoning with butter spray???? with rice.....

hope u will defenately give me answe...

thanks..

4. shruti1234

shruti1234 New IL'ite

Need information for my 5th -6th day of GM DIET

hi,

i am shruti parikh, certified cosmetologist and having own salon & spa.. in virginia.

i followed gm diet.. today is my 5th day. it is going very well and i reduced just 5 lb.i am strictly vegetarian.

for today 5th day i have confusion about rice & tomato... how we can eat simply rice ....
    can we make jeerarice with salt & jeera...
    is there any dish with tomato & rice???
    how we can eat simply rice??? without daal???
    can i make khichadi.... of rice & mungdaal...

pl, informe me.... because i have o follow it today...

for 2nd day also rice & vegetables....
    so can i make subji of vegetable and eat with rice????

cani make pav-bhaji's bhaji of boiled vegetable because this bhaji is also made by boiled vegetables , can we use spices ??? on vegetables or not????

One more Important question is this i don't want to re-gain weight after doing so hard work.... so how we can maintain this loosing weight after finishing 7th day.... because everytime, when i am loosing weight... after that it's going to re-gain very quickly and my all hard work is going in water.... and become so upset.... so pl... advice me how to maintain this weight after finishing 7 days... and what should be meal plan after 7 days.....

if u will help me..... i will be grateful for this.....

pl, reply me soon ... because i have to follow it today....

thanks

shruti parikh:********

5. anupama

anupama New IL'ite

Hi Pearl,
    May be you didn't fill urself full and thats the reason y u felt hungry even in the night.
    The concept of the diet as i felt is to fill yourself rather stuff yourself with the food suggested for that day so that you will not get bored with the diet.
    Also we might have this feeling since we are changing our food pattern, this will go off on your fourthday.
    This you will have only for the first time when you do this.
    My first experience was worse, i literally felt like licking some salt and since the diet suggest boiled potato on the second day breakfast with little butter, i modified it to season the potato and i almost grabbed it from the plate, but after 2 or 3 mouthfull i felt little better and started eating leisurely..cucumber fills you like n e thing, you can hav that on day two.
    but to me only the first day was bad. after potato i felt better.
    Regards,
    Anupama

6. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shruti,

I gave one big PM to you. :lol: so I am not replying here.
    All the best for you!

7. krishnaamma

Hi Pearl,

Dont loose heart. Being a working women you can not do this diet. Here is my suggestion. If it suits you, you can follow.

There are many controversy talks about the G.M. Diet. So what I do, I will calculate k.calories. Per day you can plan around 1200 k.cal. Already I gave alphabetical chart for many edibles in IL. So with the help of that you can plan your diet. But you have to remember these points while you starting diet.
    • Avoid oil, sugar maximum.
    • Reduce the intake of carbohydrate.
    • Take raw veg. and fruits as much as you can. (Don’t add any sweetner or smoothing powder. Content of cal. Will be more in them)
    • Totally avoid Junk food items.
    • While taking juice also take only fresh juices or see the content on the pocket.
    • Don’t take carob rich juices or sugar added juices.
    • Do exercise regularly.
    • This is more important than the diet.
    • Because my doctor told that without doing the exercise, if you reduce your diet there is no meaning.
    • He also told that the body will start spending cal. According to your intake. So the old ‘stuff’ will be there.The result? the weight will be same. So you have to burn your old calories.
    • For that exercise is a must. ½ hour walking will do.
    The main thing you should remember is the intake calories must be lesser than your spending calories.

That is it. What ever you want you can take. But spend accordingly. OK? I think I explained well.
    Another thing, you have to take that cabbage soup ‘magic soup’ without adding extra stuff.

8. shakila banu

shakila banu Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends nice to know that most of you had succeeded in gm diet. I tried twice and was a failure i couldnt continue ,. First time the first day night only i lost started eating rice with nice gravy second time also the same thing happened, third time i completed 7 days and i did lost 2 kgs but felt it to be so hard to continue further till now. But now after seeing all your post again i feel like doing it.

But one friend of mine lost 25 kgs following this. Being a working women she cannot cut the fruits or veggies she used to prepared some salad like adding all fruits one time lump preparation also the soup and used eat and drink the whole day and well comfortably she finished the 7 days and after becoming slim she was married.

Can anybody here help me out with that kind of one time preparation with the soup and fruits or veggies so that being the mother of 2 small kids need not spend much time cutting the fruits but can fill my stomach easily. Only thing is i do not have craving for any particular food but i should feel full all the time and should not starve .Please help me out my friends.

9. shakila banu

shakila banu Bronze IL'ite

Dear krishnamma hope u could help me out with the one time lump preparation of salads and soups. I should thank you specially because your idea in best out of waste is very useful to me. Being in saudi instead of throwing all water bottles i do funnel and use it. So now no demand in funnel to transfer water. Thank you.

10. krishnaamma

Dear Shakila,

Read your post. Actually you have to get the recipe or the diet chart from your friend and put here. That will be a very good help for us. Is it not? You are asking me:-D Go through the previous post and that will help you a lot, I think. because of raw veg. + fruits we can reduce our intake cal. and by doing some exercise, we can burn some cal. so, try them. All the best.

The main thing you should remember is the intake calories must be lesser than your spending calories.

that is all.