1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Global Warming -- A Reality Check

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anupartha, Jan 13, 2017.

1. anupartha

anupartha Gold IL'ite

DSC_0192.JPG
    This image is from last week's blizzard that dumped more than half a foot of snow in our area The white stuff covered everything high and low uniformly from the 12 hrs non stop snowing. The climate change/global warming hiatus seemed to have disappeared for a moment as I watched the snow mobile coming for the fifth time to clear the road!. But alas things never remained the same way. The enormous volume of snow that was filled over 12hrs vanished in the next couple of days by a meager rain that lasted only for a couple of hrs! The transformation was stunning and scary. The 2 hrs rain should've been snow but the rise in the surface temperature has played against it. So if you logically extend this phenomenon you can clearly understand what our scientists are saying about the pole caps melting. True we cant escape the reality and stop the eventuality, but we sure can delay the process by slowing down the increasing temperatures. And must work towards that making a conscious effort I guess. The current scenario isnt any bright with a country like US taking a negative stand against the Paris Climate deal. I wonder how far the effort by others will have an impact! Nonetheless we shall do our best to maintain the status quo atleast.