1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Glasstop gas stove queries

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by sherin78, Jun 11, 2012.

1. sherin78

sherin78 Silver IL'ite

Am planning to buy a glasstop 4 burner gas stove but have few concerns.
    Durability of the glass and are they prone to scratches.How easy is to clean the glass top etc are few of my concerns.Pls suggest also the best brand.
    The brands we have shortlisted are Glen, Butterfly, Sunflame and Prestige. Please pour in your suggestion.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sherin,

I use a glass hob and have been using it for the past 2 years. cleaning them is easy, though i am sure there will be scratches, prone to overflowing of milk, or any other liquid(my kids explore). and i also find the plates chip off faster in some brands..

it looks great on a granite counter..

3. PavitraVenkat

PavitraVenkat Gold IL'ite

Hi Sherin,

I've been using Prestige Glasstop 3 burner stove for over 2 years now (without auto ignition).
    Cleaning is really simple. If you use some steel scrubber or any abrasive material, scratches are sure. Just sprinkle 50-50 water, vinegar and clean with a cloth. The glasstop will sparkle. :)

My mother has also been using Prestige glasstop 2 burner stove for over 2 years but with auto ignition model. She has faced problems with the auto ignition model. Now auto ignition is not at all functioning and the service person said it might be very difficult to fix it. So I suggest you to go in for a manual ignition (lighting with lighter) instead of auto ignition.

4. sherin78

sherin78 Silver IL'ite

Shanvy and Pavithra,

Thanks for your prompt replies. But after hearing few reviews from my friends and others have decided to go in for a SS 4 burner instead of a glasstop. I dont belong to the category who do cooking leisurely so feel glass top will not be the model convenient for me.