1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Glad!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Aug 9, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

It has been already said many times before, by not just one. But I realized the real depth of it only late. And what a rare and beautiful thing it is! "Matchless and ageless!" I should say. Fine! Enough about introduction! Its about making others happy.

There are so many events good or bad, that happen in everyone's life. But there has to be something worthy of each of our lives. Isn't it? And without any lump in my throat, I accept what I am - No greater than any other, who is here now and won't be there later. If you ask me the moments when I was really happy, it would be the occasions when I received a bounty of gifts [that still continues] from my parents and siblings and the extremely rare occasions when I did some 'achievement' that made them happy.

"He is always a studious boy, you know?", I recollect the pride in my brother's voice, who makes me earn every grain of appreciation from him. And I haven't got more than one tilldate. The extreme happiness and as a result, couple of drops of tears that glittered in the eyes of my parents, when I 'achieved' something - "How can I get a prize greater than that in my lifetime?", I thought.

After a bout of 'poor' performance which resulted in a better mindset, came those wonderful moments again - The weak smile of my wife and her gripping hands, after delivery, the joy of my parents seeing my son and that special smile and that lightning of a blush that my son exposes, when I do something that he likes the most! The beauty is that, I am not doing such things always [lame excuses] and often receive it when I least expect it. Being pushed to a point where I stand just a witness to those happier moments, happens mostly. Thats fine. Very rarely do we go beyond the state of emotions.

What do you say?

2. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rgs,

Nice one.......... I guess thats the beauty of life, we get things when we least expect for it and that makes us really happy or shall i say more than that........
    I feel when we are spectator of things in our own life, we are happy.
    No matter where we go and what we do we shouldnt let the result affect us, but be happy i feel thats the essence of life. Am sorry if i have deviated fro the topic.
    Must say nice write up.

3. rgsrinivasan

Very many thanks NandiniMithun, for your first and nice feedback to this post. Thanks for your appreciation too. -rgs

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear RGS,

Seeing people around us happy is priceless. When we give happiness, we get peace. When we get happiness from the actions of others, we feel their love radiating in our heart. We need to be gracious whether we give or take. But when we give, we should have no expectation and when we take, we need to show a lot of gratitude.

Viswa

5. rgsrinivasan

Thats how it has to be. Very correctly said, Viswa. But in today's world, even the dear ones feel that they could have received more than whats given. Fine. Before pointing to others, let me correct myself :) Thanks a lot for your nice feedback. -rgs

6. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

A very nice one RGS !!!!!!!!!!!

7. rgsrinivasan

This is one of the posts that I thoroughly enjoyed to write, Sunitha. There were a lot of things that form and dissolve like a pattern when viewed from a kaleidoscope in the night. I aimed for that, but realize that it ended up too much on a personal note. But, your feedback made me real glad. Really grateful, thanks a lot. -rgs

8. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Nice sharing. What ever we achieve what ever we get as prize, our kids are the real award to us. What ever we do even the smallest things we see the pride in our parent's face as we have achieved a heaven

9. rgsrinivasan

Very true SudhaKrishna. Sometimes we feel that we are not that worthy to the extent our parents cherish us so much. Perhaps, we need to learn that lesson - trust your kid so much so that they don't go astray [if only they are aware of the trust, there is no chance that they fail]. -rgs

10. sowmyarakesh

sowmyarakesh Senior IL'ite