Giving kids lunch made the night before

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Neets8, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Neets8

Neets8 Junior IL'ite

Hi, I have two 5 year olds and one 10 year old who go school and take lunch from home. I would love to make lunch fresh for them every morning but it is not possible, as it is too early, they all leave for school at 6.45am.
    I was wondering whether if I make lunch the night before would it be ok to eat the next day, seeing that it is summers now I dont want the food to go off.
    I have been told that I should make sure I heat the food properly like to a boiling point then send it, then the food wont go off.

Is this correct? What's your suggestion on giving kids food which has been made a night before, I make the food at around 7pm or 8pm the night before.

2. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Neets,

I am not sure where you live. In US, most of the moms do this..They cook previous day night and pack that for lunch the next day..Make sure you refrigerate the food. Also avoid items that may get easily spoiled . Say for eg: Aloo curry with more onions will get easily spoiled as compared to plain aloo curry

3. vani098

vani098 IL Hall of Fame

for kids we need to give fresh food. if u want u can cut the veggies at night so that it will be easy for u

4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

I make fresh food every morning. Only private schools have microwave to warm the food. Though food wouldn't go bad, even recookiing I don't prefer unless they eat it immediately. it's my personal preference to send in fresh food. If for any reason I couldn't cook I let them buy lunch (which they dont prefer)

Amica likes this.
  5. HYDGIRL1234

HYDGIRL1234 Silver IL'ite

Fresh food is always the best.by microwaving some of the nutrients are lost.

6. preeti22

preeti22 Junior IL'ite

I completely understand your problem, it is very difficult in this busy schedule to wake up early and prepare lunch. Even I went through the same issue but then a friend of mine suggested healthy tiffin service mumbai which provides home made food, in both veg and non veg options.