1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Give More Receive Less

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: Give More Receive Less :hello:

It was at a rural bus terminus. Filled to the brim, the bus bound for my home-town.
    I was sitting by the window began reading a book.
    A little girl of about ten years came to me and said, "Sir, please buy these pens, five for Rs.10. I am very hungry, I will get to eat something".
    A half-naked-toddler-boy with matted head glued to her, may be her brother.
    I said, "My dear - I don't need now a pen."
    She responded with a question in soft tone, "Then how will we get to eat something?"
    I said, "I don't need pen, but you will definitely get to eat something."

Telling that, I extricated from my fat soiled yellow-cloth bag two handy packets of biscuits in and handed it to her.

But I was in for a total surprise beyond limit when she returned one packet and said, "Ayya! One is enough, I will share it with my brother"

I was awed to hear this!
    I said again, "It's okay, you keep both. It doesn't matter."

I was astounded with girl's response. She said, "Then what will you eat?"
    I was taken aback indeed!
    In this world, where people full of greed work for their self-aggrandizement, keep humanity aside and rob poor people left & right in the name of success, here in a laid back village, a hungry girl taught me the ultimate lesson of humanity.
    I said to myself, this is what soul-satisfied people look like...
    Don't take so much from someone out of greed that
    we eat their share as well.

There is a fundamental principle- give more than take.

Amica likes this.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Thyagarajan Sir,

It brought tears to my eyes when I read her question to you. There are so many social experiments made and all of them came to the same conclusion that havenots have more heart to give and share than haves. I guess those who renounced everything surrendering completely to the Godhead, those who are poor and struggle to find the next meal and those who have everything but practice a lot of austerity and find pleasure in giving than taking are the set of people who optimize their shining of the soul. I feel all these three categories of people have the right thoughts and keep their mind totally healthy. When the mind is healthy and it syncs well with the heart.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Sir. You have summed up succinctly.
    Regards.