Girlfriends............

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by Arunarc, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi! Aruna,

Lovely to read your quick response.
    Yes, it was a great moment when my college friend and roommate contacted me after 36 years.She lives in Bangalore with her family and she succeeded in tracking me down with the help of her sister-in-law's niece who lves in Chennai !
    We lost touch about a year after we left college.I accompanied my husband on his foreign postings and sorry to say got caught up in the whirlwind that we all get caught in ...the usual ...kids and other things which become priorities engulfing all else that were priorities earlier during our carefree student years.
    A common friend of ours in Kerala informed her about my location in Chennai and she called me one late evening.I was thrilled beyond words.We spoke for over an hour (I dare not mention the phone bill !)and we promised to meet soon.It was like the old college days and we felt 36 years younger after the long chat.Our voices sounded the same we agreed!
    A fortnight later she called me to announce that she will be arriving in Chennai the following Saturday and that the trip was just to visit ME! I did not believe her .But arrive she did ,with her lovely daughter .When we met ,it was like .....what should I say ?
    a million rainbows popping up in the sky / a lively band playing a fast number /or Diwali fireworks !!? Well, we had a ball that weekend.reminiscing about the fun years in the hostel and all our adventures....would sound very mundane to todays young crowd we agreed!!
    We did'nt look the same ,we're grandmas now are'nt we?The kilos had piled on and the grey had stealthily crept in our jet blacks! But traces of old mannerisms and gestures were still there.We went through our old college photographs and traded news of other college friends and for both of us it was like a rejuvenation exercise.
    We keep in regular touch through emails now.
    Love,
    PAULINA:wave:

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Paulina
    It was nice of you to share such beautiful memories of yours. I can imagine how much you might have enjoyed your 1st meeting with that friend yes it is true that when we meet our friend after a long time we go back to our young age and start feeling young too. I think it is alway nice to feel young. It was really exciting reading about your meeting. Hope I too meet someone like that all of a sudden. I am so happy for you. God bless and let the your friendship go on and on and on...........

3. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good Advice..

Thanks for sharing!!

~Punitha