Girl Child Discrimination in India

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Yashikushi, Mar 22, 2009.

What the measures are to be taken to protect the girl child?

1. Sexual Education- still a trailing one india...the real need of sex education amongst kids

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Awareness Campaigns-healthy,effective discussions

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  3. Strict, Urgent New Law -protecting and promoting the rights of children

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  4. Punishment for the criminals- imprisonment or nailed to death or a paltry fine

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Horror shock that rocked the nation.....In Mumbai where a businessman was found to be sexually exploiting his daughters for over 10 years.....following a tantrik’s advice for getting rich.....The two girls were raped by the tantrik too and and it is utter shameful that their mother was complicit in the crime.....
    Another case was reported from Himachal ..... cold reality that sexual abusement prevails in the country....the abusers were well known family and community members ....Sexual exploitation is kept secret...many cases go unreported to preserve the family reputation....According to the World Health Organisation, one in every 10 Indian children is sexually abused,a shocking 77 per cent of them reported some form of sexual abuse (contact to non contact) before the age of 16 years.Since there is no single law that specifically deals with child abuse, and there is no clear delineation of sexual abuse in the Indian Penal Code,the culprits easily sneak away from the crime....And the victims are left hopeless...It's a time of action....Through your outrageous objectional thoughts....In what way do you think the preventive measures are to be taken? Do we need
    1.Sexual Education- still a trailing one in India...the real need of sex education amongst kids.
    2.Awareness Campaigns-focussing healthy,effective discussions.
    3. Strict, Urgent New Law -protecting and promoting the rights of children who have been sexually assaulted.
    4.Punishment for the criminals- imprisonment or nailed to death or a paltry fine.

2. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

hi,

thanks for starting this thread....i guess i am the first to vote and you can see my choice too.....undoubtedly rigourous imprisonment without bail or death penalty.....these kind of people are a shame and curse on father-daughter relation !!!

3. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

undoubtedly,These animals should be imprisoned w/o bail and given a death sentence.I feel we should also have strict laws to protect the kids as well.

Where on earth do these people come from?Such shameless animals.

Itz getting increasingly difficult to protect the girl kids now.Where are we heading?

4. ShardaSuresh

ShardaSuresh Bronze IL'ite

What shocks me about this story is that the mom was aware of the happenings and did not do anything.

A friend of mine works for an NGO which educates people about incest. This organization is very active and she says that in the poorer families there is more awareness about this abuse. Typically, the mom will quietly send the daughter to live with another relative to end the harassment. In the slums neighbors are very alert to such behavior and many times the women will kick the abuser out of the slum.

However, this is not the case in middle class families. We tend to cover up and not talk about things like this.

It might be a good idea to educate teachers to identify the symptoms of abuse. Also having counselors in school will help.

5. Yashikushi

Yeah Sharada,"good enough to educate teachers"???,a painful statment was that they are the relevant abusers in most cases.It's best to give basic protective awareness for our kids.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  6. vidhyaramkumar

vidhyaramkumar Senior IL'ite

Very shocking to see that news. Undoubtedly those involved should be punished unmercifully. Where is the law when the lawmakers themselves make the mistakes. It is not the Govt to whom we should cry, we pray God to punish them then and there. If that happens then they will be scared to do. NAIL FOR A NAIL AND TOOTH FOR A TOOTH is the punishment for all those who involve.

7. Yashikushi

Thanks for taking part in the poll....dreadful punishment alone will diminish such harassement.

8. Yashikushi

I agree with you Vidhya...On the safer side, our kids must be taught to protect themselves to react in such bad situation.

9. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Yashikushi,

It was really a very shocking news for me when I read it few days back ... I felt very uneasy to share the news with my DH... My God ... Where the World is Heading to ? I vote to Punish the Criminals and put a URGENT Strict law to protect the childrens...

10. Yashikushi

Yes Lathy..very shockig....shameful.....My son was with me(13 yrs)when watching it from the news channel .....asked too many question to me.....felt so embarrassed,.....but outlined him the truth..... I didn't slept at all....dreadful punishment is the only effective solution...