1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Ginger for travel sickness.

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by Huma, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

Hi everybody.

I am going to India next week, i usually take tablet for travel sickness but i don't know why:bonkit doesnt do much for me because in the end i vomit.

I heard ginger is very good, how can i take it? i really don't like raw ginger.

Any other naturel remedy?

bye

2. rsk11584

rsk11584 Silver IL'ite

In my childhood I was very allergic to bus travel, and if you see buses in india, they are in really bad state and the iron of the bus smells somewhat vomitting for some people. So in childhood whenever I used to travel by bus I used to get vomitting feeling and just bloak bloak vomit ;(, but then gradually as I became big the vomitting feeling got less and i used to take Amla (they are sold by vendors on bus stands) Amla pieces dried in salt, good to avoid vomitting, and supari (betel nut) So now also whenever I have long bus journey I Take packets of supari with me.

3. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

I recently heard this tip from a video.Not sure if it works.

Extract juice from ginger or shred very finely.Make jaggery syrup and while that boils add ginger juice or shredded ones and heat this for 2 min. Before travel, take just 1 teaspoon of this liquid mixture.

4. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

5. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

Hi

Thank you for the advice. I will be travelling for ten hours in plane so just one spoon will be enough? What do you think?

6. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I have found ginger to be helpful and you can get crystallized ginger from the market or you can get those ginger chews candy from Thai/Asian market. Both are effective. If you don't want to taste the ginger, you can put the powder in capsules and take. But sure you take a small bag of whatever as you have to keep taking it. I have found the anti-motion sickness meds to be a bit more effective. I normally don't vomit but I have such intense nausea sometimes that perhaps it would be better if I did. One thing about motion sickness: it is triggered by movement in the eye and one has to be careful of what one looks at when travelling in order not to trigger. Do not read or knit or anything close like that and keep looking out at the horizon (or sleep). I remember one airplane trip....I was fine and then was looking down to pick up something and we went over turbulence and that slight movement and vision combo was enough to set off the motion sickness.

7. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

As the video suggested, you can take that syrup mixture with you in a container and have it .tashidelek has suggested better options.Good Luck.