1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Gifts to take to india

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Beingpositive1, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Beingpositive1

Beingpositive1 Junior IL'ite

Hi All,

I am travelling back to india for first time after residing in U.S and what some gift ideas to take to family.

I have already gone through all similar posts in IL for ideas but wanted to open a new thread as all those threads are very old.

I am looking for electronic things which are already converted like
    food processor or juicer where should i buy and any one had good experience with online sites.

and where can i get show pieces(back home ,some of my relatives like those) than compared to useful things

and any artifical flowers which can be gifted and where can i get photos magnets to keep on fridge for good price

Any other ideas are most welcome.

I am travelling too soon and i already purchased for immediate family members and looking for ideas which are less than 20 for distant relatives.

2. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

I have got lot of gifts form ROSS for my India Trip..You can get pretty good stuff in not so expensive prizes..For less than 20$ you can get cross Body bags..I have got few show pieces also from ROSS...They are available from as less as 3$ ..

How about buying FITBITSor anyother fitness tracking device..They are quiet popular here unlike India...My BIL got this for his parents , and he tracks their everyday walking progress with it...By this he ensures if his mom and dad goes for walk everyday sitting in the other side of the globe

3. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

Electricals like food-processors are NOT worth buying in US, as you need converters to be bought in India. Getting it converted in US makes it much more expensive. There are couple of electrical items (like hair-dryer) available in dual-voltage, but they perform very bad in India.

Electronics on the other hand are good buy.. like laptops, tabs, cameras, digitial-frames etc are good.

PS: Photo-magnets may not interest them much, as not all bridge doors can stick magnets.

sindmani and brahan like this.
  4. Beingpositive1

Thanks for your replies.I will surely take a look at ROSS

1 person likes this.
  5. Beingpositive1

Got it, then may have to search for other gift ideas.

Thanks for responding

6. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Yes i agree with you on the Food Processors and magnets stuff...Magnets are best to buy as travel souveneirs :)