1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gifts for Inlaws and Their Reaction @!#$%^&*

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by DramaQueen, Jan 15, 2014.

1. DramaQueen

DramaQueen Silver IL'ite

gawwdd... threw it under the couch is height!

2. DramaQueen

DramaQueen Silver IL'ite

it's so pissing off when DH also participated in such cheap discussions with MIL FIL na!!

3. DramaQueen

DramaQueen Silver IL'ite

wow..lucky u!!..i havent been showered with gifts apart from what was necessary according to customs in the first yr of marriage. they don't even go anywhere so the whole exercise of bringing something from a new place they've visited doesnt exist! If someone responds to the gifts you've given them in a polite/excited manner then you dont mind doing things for the person.. which is why yours is a very reciprocative relationship.. i like that!

4. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Just remembered a couple more "gift" incidents.

1)
    First trip to India after arriving here was a year after their first visit here. So they wanted some specific brand of lotion and shampoo. We got them and gave it (Guess these are not really gifts, but still). No complaints from our side at all. This was in 2001 december. I was in India 2013 summer. Needed some bedsheets and was told to take it from MIL's closet. Opened it and found those lotions, shampoos, some other perfumes that we had gotten her, bars of Dove soap (ummm...her doctor told her she must only use Dove soap whaatsmiley). Nothing has been used.

2)
    In 2008 they visited, and she saw a jewellery store in the mall and started pestering DH for a diamond ring (before I die all I want is for you to get me a ring :) ). We got it for her (even though she is an unpaid walking advertisement for the diamond section of GRT in Chennai). First of all my FIL insulted the sales guy saying that he could get her a better ring in India..so go get it!!!! But even worse is that she went to India and took it to GRT and the guy there told her the diamonds were not real. She is now angling for some more jewellery from us. Luckily even if I respond, my DH pretends the phone connection is bad every time she starts asking for stuff.

2 people like this.
  5. DramaQueen

DramaQueen Silver IL'ite

hahahahaha DKI.. its fun to read stories where DHs also understand what a pain in the ass their parents are gigglingsmiley

6. Jyothisati

Jyothisati New IL'ite

Hello every one .........its been really long, i was so tied up with my office work and house responsibility.........today just saw all your posts .... anyways its never ending story of our great inlaws... okey ladies i was just thinking of taking some suggestions with you .... apart from working with EY .... i would like to start some small business with minimum capital ... i need to start some thing interesting and clicks fast... any good ideas are welcome...please let me know .......

7. lovely1988

lovely1988 Silver IL'ite

This happened 2 years back.. I switched to my new job and got my 1st salary. Bought saree for mil and shirt to fil. Hubby did not get anything for himself, he said he got some T-shirts just previous week..

We returned home and gave them the saree and shirt.. mil was ok with the saree.. fil asked hubby what he got for himself, to which DH replied that he did not get anything as he had many shirts.. to which Fil replied 'does she think that I dont have any dress and got this for Me ' I was shattered by this comment from Fil.. leave the money spent.. but i spent 1 hour in the shop thinking what shirt will suit him.. That was the last time I got something for my fil. I buy for myself, hubby, my mom and dad

1 person likes this.