1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

gifts for husband on valentines day

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by swtsvn, Jan 9, 2008.

1. swtsvn

swtsvn New IL'ite

hi all
    i want to give new and interesting gifts to my husband on valentines day
    i am looking for somethign personal and romantic. i dont want to buy things from store. i am searching for personalised options.

last year, i wrote i love you because.. number of times equal to his age, in seperate post it notes and pasted them on the wall.

iam looking for something like that. can anyone plz give me ideas?

1 person likes this.

2. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Thats very sweet of you.

Well I have way too many ideas for romantic gifts..

- How about taking the power plug off that evening and have just candles and your wedding DVD playing and his favorite romantic song playing and How about a ball dance together.. Amazing right.. Only if he s sport for dance. Else a a solo cabret will do. I have taught my non-dancing hubby how to do ball dance..

- If you have time , you can knit or crochete something for him.
    May be paint or stencil his T-shirt.. Some romantic figure.. May be a dancing couple or a cupid or anything which appeal you.

- May be you could collect his favorite song and burn in MP3 and gift him..

- You could prepare valentine cards for him and speak out your love for him..

1 person likes this.
  3. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

I luved the candle light idea. I use post-it notes after fights....hehe..He has copied it from me now :)...
    You can cook a dinner her likes, put on the music with just candle light. Do not forget to make the sweets he lieks or payasam to make ti memorable..

Also take some pictures for memories..

I am waiting for more ideas..

As for material gifts, one can buy game CDs. In my case he has a sonmy PSP, so I was considering about buying him a new game. Have no idea what type of games he likes.

Cake cutting is another idea one can try.

1 person likes this.