Gifts for Family and Friends when R2I

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by gayatrib, May 7, 2011.

1. gayatrib

gayatrib New IL'ite

Hi all,

I am planning to return back to India by mid June, after staying in the US for 3 years. I dint get a chance to take a vacation and go home, so I don't really know what gifts to take from here and what is already available there.
    Since I am going after a long time, I have a long list of people for whom I want to buy things - grannies, parents, uncles,aunts,nieces and nephews.

I want a general idea for gift items which are in a decent price range. Common things that people take are perfumes,creams,watches, cameras etc.

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

You must be excited to go back home.

For older people, please take chocolates, nuts like walnut , almonds etc.

Chocolate will be appreciated by everyone. For young people, T shirts and socks are great. My friend go to Walmart and Costco to buy all the stuff.

If you go to Indian Stores, you cna buy small alarm clocks, hearing pad etc.

Good luck.

CL

3. gayatrib

gayatrib New IL'ite

great thank you 'Coffeelover'! I'll definitely keep all this is mind. I wanted to find out what unique things are available here, but not in india.. still researching.!

4. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

If you want unique, google "Things to be remembered" website. I got clocks, frames etc from here for india. ohter good place si Hall Mark Stores and Flea market, garage sale and Estate sales.

You can pick good watches, plates and beautiful pendants.

Hope it help you.

CL

sindmani likes this.
  5. BelieveGod4ever

BelieveGod4ever New IL'ite

Even I will be returning back to India soon after being here in US for 3 years and it will be my 1st visit after coming here too. So much excited !!! It is a bitter sweet moments for me because I am going to miss all those fun I had here, but eagerly waiting to see my family, visit beautiful temples in India and can't wait to eat lots of authentic Indian food especially mommy's food. How are you feeling ?

Coming to gifts, I got some watches, hand bags, earings, gems from gem shows, cameras, webcam, mp3 player, soft slippers from walmart(to use within house) and for kids, I got puzzels, games, colour pencils/crayola, bike, remote controlled car, jacket, UNO, slam games. You can also try some kitchen stuffs in Ikea. Can you please share some tips with me about what you are taking to yourself which isn't available in India ?

When are you planning to go back ?

sindmani likes this.
  6. BelieveGod4ever

BelieveGod4ever New IL'ite

Awww!! I just saw it is a bit old thread, I hope you are having great time back in India. Did you get adjusted there with everything ?