1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gifts for Day Care and Preschool teachers

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Rajnigandha, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Rajnigandha

Rajnigandha Senior IL'ite

Hi ILs,

I am not sure if I am posting this in the right forum.

My kid goes to preschool and I was wondering how often and what do you guys gift to teachers of preschool?

Also, suggest me ideas for caretakers in day care centres please. Since, it is Christmas time, I thought it to be the best time to gift.

Thanks!

2. newsoul

newsoul Bronze IL'ite

When my kid was in preschool, he usually takes flowers for the teacher on Teacher's Day and by the end of the school year, all of us moms(of my kid's class) pooled money and bought a gift certificate for the teacher..

3 people like this.
  3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Mine goes to a daycare and I give gifts on the teachers birthday, Thanks giving day (usually a pie), Easter (usually Easter egg candy) and Christmas (usually cookies and wine). For all these occasions, a card goes along with the gifts, thanking her for being there for my child and wishing her a happy Easter/thanks giving etc. I normally try not to be creative as I dont know her preferences....so i stick with basic favorites which I know I cant go wrong with.

3 people like this.
  4. smilysmile

smilysmile Gold IL'ite

Cupcakes in a cupcake store usually a single big one costs around $3-3.50 .They are super yummy and comes in a theme .You can find the same in the regular supermarket bakeries.

Other ideas are cupcakes in a jar -costs $5 each
    Gingerbread house -$3

Above two comes in a transparent gift wrapper.

Stocking stuffer with candy or fine Winter Gloves and a nice scarf

2 people like this.
  5. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    I have been giving teachers gift for past few years & this is what I have found.

1.try to get all parents to pool in small amount to buy some personalized gift.many time the class rep will ask the teacher in advance about what she want & try to get that .class rep will split the cost of gift & ask all parents to pitch in that amount.

2.food items are not very welcome.many teachers are already celebrating Christmas & are busy making cakes & pies & stuff so doesn't really like yet another packet of cookies .

3.gift cards are practical are not personal.

4.indian gift items are hugely popular & very happily accepted.

5.a personally made card by child is always well received.as are small potted plants instead of boutique.

nice of you to think about groundstaff..........caretakers,guards,gardeners,kitchen staff are very happy to accept cash.I try to get a card with whatever amount I want inside the card.............but this time I bought small sequinned purses ,put some money in them & gave to ground staff.it was well received

2 people like this.
  6. greenwire

greenwire New IL'ite

Christmas tree oraments, and a personnel card from the kid will go a long way.