1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Gifts for children in a creative way

Discussion in 'Creative Crafts' started by shaguftatazeen, Sep 28, 2011.

1. shaguftatazeen

shaguftatazeen New IL'ite

Hello friends, anyone can give me some ideas what gifts can be made in home as a creative corner and craft items on birthdays which is suitable for our budget too, from age 1 to 10 years children please suggest friends.
    Thank you

2. chandni1987

chandni1987 Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    Kids parties can be real fun. There are many ideas you can use to prepare cheap decorations and gifts at home.

Starting from really simple and popular triangle birthday hats and face masks. With a bit of coloured paper and elastic string you can create many different designs. paper-animal-masks-zid-zid-kids.jpeg c54a_1_31_1.JPG
    Other good idea to create costumes and decorations is using crepe paper. Colorful garlands, funny hats, capes or skirts are only a few things you can make using crepe paper. 2007-10-31-crepe paper costume.jpg DSCN2950.JPG AAAAC8u_7u0AAAAAACrbDw.jpg

Another easy and cheap idea is making felt finger puppets. I am posting some links for you how to make them: How to Make Felt Finger Puppets | eHow.com , How to Make Felt Finger Puppets - wikiHow Different themes and designs only depend on your imagination, so you can experiment a lot. I'm sure kids will have fun playing with them and it'll also be a nice gift to take home.
    When you'll already have some felt handy you can also decorate some pens or pencils with it. I found a tutorial how to create nice funny designs perfect as cheap homemade gifts. Fun Felt Pens | Last-Minute Christmas Gift Ideas | FamilyFun

If you want kids to be occupied at the party you can also prepare some salt dough for sculpting. I remember it from my childhood and really enjoyed playing with it. it's very easy to prepare. I am sending you a link where you can find a recipe Salt Dough Crafts
    You can add some colour to it by adding dry spices to the dough (haldi, paprika, cinnamon) or kids can paint the ready dry sculptures themselves in example by using acrylic paints.
    To dry the sculptures just put it in the oven (110 degrees) for about 3 hours. You will notice when the dough will get hard and dampness will disappear.
    Dried and painted figures you can spray with clear varnish to add some shine and durability. Kids will definitely enjoy taking their sculptures home and it will be a nice keepsake.

Hope you'll like some of my ideas and you'll create some really nice stuff. Good luck and have a good time at the party:)

3 people like this.
  3. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

How about some
    Bookmarks....
    Coin-banks.....
    Pencil backs....
    Photo frames...using popsicle sticks, shells etc....
    Paper or foam flowers....