Gifting Ideas while going for vacation to india

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Abu Dhabi' started by smiletoday, Jun 23, 2013.

1. smiletoday

smiletoday Senior IL'ite

Hai all
    iam going on vacation in a week.lets discuss here about the things we purchase to give to our near and dear ones.this will be useful to those who dont have an idea of what to purchase.its vacation time and i hope many of u will b in vacation mood.
    i buy things like perfumes, watches, mobile, choclates,axe oil,dates, nuts and even soaps,shampoos,powder, vaselin,etc etc.,
    although we get all these in india i like to give a big cover and see the smile in their faces.
    any other ideas are invited!!!!!

2. Sehaj

Sehaj Bronze IL'ite

visit to DAY TO DAY, you will get very gud items on cheap rates as well...
    t

1 person likes this.
  3. ManpreetKaur

ManpreetKaur Bronze IL'ite

depending on your budget and people whom you want to give gifts i wud suggest the following:
    1. Cosmetic Sale of good brands, I usually buy in big quantity and take it to gift my family and friends whenever i traval home. (and by the way, these are good brands not any local or expired stuff! Like loreal, sephora, victorias secret, YSL, estee lauder, crocks etc etc)
    2. for reasonable souvenirs like fridge magnet, key chains, burj khalifa model etc - day to day and green house are gud.
    3. small kids accessories like clips, small toys etc also, day to day and green house are good.
    4. Clothes for kids - i wud say u can buy during off sale from H&M, adams kids,
    5. Tchibo (mirdiff city center)- has good quality women men and kids clothes. though the variety is not so much biut the quality is good and u get very reasonable prices.
    6. for show peices like wall paintings, beautiful lamps, beautiful flowers and flower vasses, indoor water fountains (1ft), random showpeices , ladies, men and kids clothing - go to Dragoin mart in International city.

I live in international city myself and have seen so many friends buying real nice stuff from dragon mart at reasonable prices.
    do PM me in case u need more info!

1 person likes this.
  4. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Emersons have lovely collections of photo frames,key chains,clips,rubber bands and fridge magnets.
    Wear Mart is good,so is Red Tag for bags and other accessories.
    You get camel in moving sand pictures for 5 to 10 dhms.
    Dates and other dry fruits can be bought in the dry fruit shop behind KM Electra and the one near Du OFFICE OPPOSITE Gold shops .You can check out in Central market as well.Ikea has huge shopping bags with zips and other small nick knacks for children.

1 person likes this.