1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Gift Ideas For Valentine's Day Celebration In Kid's Preschool

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by gknew, Jan 28, 2017.

1. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    My son is 3.5 yrs old and has recently joined a preschool. I got a note from his teacher today saying that there will be Valentine's day celebration. And we need to send valentine treats to the kids in his class.

Would like to know how the Valentine's day celebrated in ur kids school/preschool..

Need some suggestions for the gifts... Please share in ur ideas and thoughts..

Thanks.

KashmirFlower likes this.

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

i remember my son got a goody bag, with some chocolates, card, and may be some crayons. this year i will send cards and a kisses chocolate. asking teacher is good to know what is allowed.

sindmani and gknew like this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

There are a few things you can ask the teacher:

1. By when you have to send in the treats?
    2. How many to send (how many kids are in class)?
    3. Should you or kid write name on each card, or not? (some teachers don't want name on each card as it is a nightmare to name-match and hand out cards from 20 kids to 20 kids : ) )
    4. Any restrictions like no candy with nuts.

The easiest is to buy a box of cards from any store (don't wait till last minute). IF you are feeling creative, you can help child hand-make the cards (make a video of your efforts). One fun card to make is "popup face card". Google how to make a pop-up face card. To the store-bought card or the home made card, add a thing like a pencil or funny shaped eraser or a lollipop each, using sticky tape.

Remember to have child make a card for the teacher, and this one should preferably be a little bigger and different than the ones for classmates.

At 3.5 yrs, it is best you do the entire exercise when child is asleep. : ) But, that is gyan learnt much after 3.5 yrs. : ) When child is 3.5, you will spend hours with child getting glue and glitter everywhere... : ) and consider it time well-spent.

And one more thing -- if you buy the boxed card set, take a look at the back to see the messages that are used. There are usually 3-5 messages repeated over 20-25 cards. Check for appropriateness. Sigh.

Valentine's day is one of the stupidest things they celebrate in American schools.

I am most likely outdated in this info, and @Gauri03 will know of an app that prints out custom cards. : )

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    KashmirFlower and gknew like this.
  4. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thank you Kashmir.. Will check with teacher abt the things which are allowed. And also am not sure to send a gift to one kid or all the kids in his class..will check that too..
    Cards and kisses chocolate s a good option..thanks for this thought...

5. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thanks Rihana..
    I have to ask those qns to the teacher. Am not sure to how many kids I need to send the gifts...there are 25 kids in his class. Will check the no.of gifts and any restricted gift items with his teacher.

Will give a try to hand made cards..haven't tried this before. Hope kid will enjoy and help me doing it. And gifting a card to the teacher s good idea. Will try to get a gift for her too..
    And yea...valentine's day celebration in american schools is a new thing to me...that's y posted here to get some ideas:)

Where can we get the goody bags and cards for a better price? Will check it in online too..

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  6. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

dollar store is good place. this is just to encourage kids to giving and receiving gifts. spending a dollar or so per kid is enough.

sindmani and gknew like this.