1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

gift ideas for members in the family...

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by breeze01, Dec 8, 2014.

1. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

As the christmas is approaching i am getting confused and tensed thinking what to give to
    every member of the family... first i thought to give them a box of snacks then i figure out its all
    eatables lets do something different but still i couldnt figure out what might be the best and useful one to give to each one.. mainly parents... for lady of the house my mom.. been thinking to buy her some clothes which is routine and she do need handbag but other than this two what might be the other suggestions...
    now the tough one for dad i dont have any clue... its all blank.. for my bro of hubby i usually give them cologne i just gave my dad one cologne 5 months back and i dont want to give him same thing... are the warm ups a good choice or it looks cheap.. cant figure it out... please pass your suggestions...
    for my nephews... i know their mom is getting some electronic stuff what else kids like other than that... i been thinking to buy a pair of holiday pajamas as i got one for my son... so all the kids will be in holiday pajamas when opening up their gifts.. what will be the best suggestions.. please pass some suggestions..

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Mom: loves kitchen stuff. I got her a nice set of non stick pans, some plastic storage containers and some small OXO gadgets. I also got her some nice perfume.
    Dad: electronics geek. He received an Apple TV which he uses to watch shows from the laptop on their home TV.
    Brother and SIL: got them a nice set of knives and some pans as they are setting up a new home. Some small cosmetics for SIL too.
    MY husband and I can't think of anything we need, so we usually don't buy for each other.

1 person likes this.
  3. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Your intentions of gifting is good. But beware of what the people who get it do.
    Some create drama and brainwashing others about it. If they are the fault finding and negative people they will complain and question your intention even if you give the moon and stars to them.

1 person likes this.
  4. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

those are nice suggestions... my mom too loves kitchen stuff but i want to give her something personal things she can use it for herself instead of being kitchen items.

dad only listens to indian news.. cant think of anything else for him..

5. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

thats very so true.....

6. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

I am done with Christmas shopping-yay! So far I have bought presents for my husband's family. We are going to India in January so India shopping will start soon. This is what we bought:

Mom: Hot Chocolate (Tiramisu flavor), cereal bowl (my in laws love fishing, I asked my friend who makes and sell pottery, to make cereal bowls with fish pattern), tea towel ( from my son, it say, "gramma is the best"), framed picture of all 3 of us.

Dad: Kangaroo hot chocolate mug (I got it from my Australia trip), Chocolate bars, similar cereal bowl, fishing supplies. hat with 'Best grandpa' on it and a photo calender with my son's pictures from our son.

Brother: Book from his fav author, mug from his alma mater and a gift card inside the mug.

Sister in law: sterling silver earrings, bracelet, assorted teas, tea cup with golden spoon and a gift card.

Nephew (6 yr): Legos, puzzle

Niece (4 yr): Disney princess puzzle, princess build it yourself castle, clipon dresses (she is into princess es).

Niece (1 yr); wooden shape sorter toy, pjs

Son (2 yr): we are only doing stockings for our family. He wil get, construction vehicle spoon and fork (from amazon), set of 4 construction vehicles, cement mixer (only big toy) and 2 books.

Husband: camera lens shaped jump drive, winter hat, alcohol infused chocolates, and a text book (I know this is not anything fun but he will appreciate it and we both will be able to use it forever). He also bought a camera lens for himself.
    Me: don't know what will be in the stocking but I treated myself with 1 ct diamond stud earrings :)

1 person likes this.
  7. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

oh my you got lot of patience to get all this things......................... very good list........