1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Gift Ideas for Baby Shower

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by kasisheela, Feb 6, 2008.

1. kasisheela

kasisheela Silver IL'ite

Hi Dear ILites,
    One of our friend is having their baby shower this weekend.We all other friends have decided to gift them combinedly a crib after their delivery.For the baby shower we decided to give them some small gifts indiviually.Please give me with some ideas for small gifts.I have not attended any Baby Shower here in US so far.So,do not know what people gift here nomally.

Thanks in advance.

2. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Kasisheela,

You could give receiving blankets, baby clothes (go for 6+ months because newborns grow up very fast), onesies, baby wraps, rattles/toys, baby bath stuff, bottles, diapers, crib sheets etc.

You could actually go to the Baby registry section of the BabysRUs website and look at some registries there to get an idea of what people usually gift in baby showers.

You can type in any common last name and a state and click enter. You'll get a bunch of registries.

Hope you all have lots of fun in celebrating your friend's baby!:clap

love,
    Aarushi

sindmani likes this.
  3. kasisheela

kasisheela Silver IL'ite

Hey Aarushi,
    Thanx for the info,will check out the site soon.

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shantha
    The prv. reply is v.good. It will be fun to go shopping for baby stuff. All the major stores carry baby items, You can get a receiving blanket , a cuddly toy or sock, or blankets, or pillows or shoe, or night lights so many things. I am sure you will not go wrong. Nowadays online shopping is also there. Recently i bought a bath tub, small one to be placed over the kitchen sink from amazon. quite fancy not pricey. hope this helps.
    Have fun!!

sindmani likes this.
  5. kasisheela

kasisheela Silver IL'ite

Dear AC,
    Thanx for the ideas.
    Bath Tub..............nice idea.
    Will shop and tell what i bought finally.

6. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Santha,
    It's really fun to shop for babies.......AC and Arushi has given you good reply.....I just want to add one thing that instead of buying a crib by urselves, you can buy the giftcard from Buy Buy Baby or from any other store and give it to your frd and let her buy her things.......because parents are little sensitive abt the babies, even if you buy the best stuff in the world, they will feel better if they will buy for their baby.......just my thought.........
    Regards.