Gift ideas for 4 month old Nephew!

Discussion in 'Punjab & Haryana' started by littledaisy, Jul 31, 2012.

1. littledaisy

littledaisy Senior IL'ite

Hi,

My 4 month old nephew and his parents are visiting us....I need to gift something unique to him...! Dresses, toys, sleeping sets seems like a common thing.

I though of gifting a Om diamond pendant......but then it is all so expensive....my budget is maximum till 10k....I went to a few jewellery shops but even a small kids pendant is costing around 15-17k ( thanks to gold prices) :(

I am in a fix now and would like to have your ideas/ inputs on gifting an ideal gift to a nephew which looks different and is in a way the most talked about in the family ;)):thumbsup

2. RiddhimaT

RiddhimaT Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

You can gift silver bangles for infants ....now a days the jewellers are also making gold plus black beads bangles, I am not sure about the price but then you can inquire about it.....

A ring with a kids design like a cartoon character or spiritual symbol like Om or RAM could also be another option.

You can also check out Fisher Price latest toy range...I think they have some really good Baby gyms available which range from 3k-6k.

Instead of giving just one big thing, you can combine into few small things and can pack them up in a very fancy fashion which ribbons and flowers which I am sure will catch everyone's attention :)

Also, gifting a gold ginni can be another very good option.

All the best!

3. shaliniku

shaliniku Senior IL'ite

Hi Littledaisy
    I like Riddhima T's suggestion. She has covered very good options. Most gifts will outlive their utility in a year or two. I feel one good option is gifting financial instruments. Both LIC and ICICpru have interesting options. You can give a one time gift and it can become three fold etc etc by the time the child attains maturity.
    Your gift can also become the talking point of the family. Plus you will become a trendsetter.
    How do you like it? Do write back.

1 person likes this.
  4. RiddhimaT

RiddhimaT Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Shalini I think that s a very good option, plus you also have those certificates issued by post offices like Indira Vikas Patra etc....

Also, one more option could be gifting a silver spoon, a silver bowl and a silver glass combined in one set......you can make a beautiful blue and silver packing....since the baby will start his first foods in next couple of months, I think this will look great and very appealing.