1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gift ideas for 2 yr old boy visiting India

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by Aadhusmom, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

My nearly 2 year old nephew has been visiting India this past month and I would like to give him something when he leaves at the end of this week. He lives in the US so I really dont want to get stuff which is readily available there. Also has to be something lightweight and not too bulky (they already have a lot of luggage!). I'm getting his elser sister (9 yr old) some books - she's a great reader - but for this boy I have NO idea what to do. Any suggestions....please?

Vanathi.

PS - I'm going to Chennai this weekend so planning to buy something there.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Vanathi, hmmmm tough question:) did you think about amar chitra katha dvds (i'm not sure if they're available)? I am trying to remember what we usually buy from India that we don't get outside. I think toys are a waste.. only such stuff like tamil rhymes, traditional stories in dvds are something that we don't get here. Latha

3. santasekar

santasekar Senior IL'ite

Hi Aadushmom ,

I think Traveller is right . Even my son is of the same age n he enjoys cd's which i brought frm there . I have Apple tree collections .......they r very good .U can search for Maritocorp products to know abt their collections. Buzzing shoes r one more thing that capture kids .

Regards
    Santasekar

4. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Thanks Latha and Santasekar. I finally bought a bilingual (Tamil and English) book and audio CD set (Karadi tales - folktales) for him.He's too young for the book but hopefully will like the CD. Amar Chitra Katha comics were available but couldnt find DVDs.Thanks again.

V.