gift for to be brother's wife

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ptamil2007, Jun 29, 2010.

1. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

My brother is getting married and I am looking to buy gift for my to be brother's wife. the marriage is in India and We live in Republic of Ireland

Can anyone share their experiences and ideas of what to buy.

I am not sure which forum would be appropriate for this thread. Administrators, can you please move it if there is a right place for this thread

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010

2. magicworld

magicworld Bronze IL'ite

u can gift a simple make up kit that contains lipstick , eyeliner, nailpolish , lip gloss, also good perfume. Avoid buying kits that has too many color make up like eye shades, blush on as it may not be usefull for daily make up

3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    u r attending marriage right............these options are mostly which u can give urself & depends on budget .
    here u gogold pendant set,nice heavy saree,perfume set,titan raga watch(chk website),1st night in best hotel of town,i- pod,mobile phone,honeymoon package,...............
    even my bro is getting married this mth so even i am planning some gift for both bhai & bhabi but individually.....
    pragati

4. zingy

zingy Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Since this is the first gift you will be giving .it would be best not to give common gift for both bro and SIL. Try to get her something memorable and personalised. Dont go for makeup items or like which we use and throw.
    A nice heavy work saree,a longlasting watch (citizen eco drive) etc would be nice
    I remember Ireland being famous for some gemstone(Dont remember my friend had got) . You can get the loose gemstones and can get a very nice jewel custom made in your hometown

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  5. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

I agree with the idea of not giving a common gift. For my brother I know exactly what to buy. He is a collector of various perfumes. So I can get him a very good Pefume set. Also you know buying gift for men is very easy. :)

when I think of buying a gift for my husband, lets say for the father's day or birthday, I didnt have trouble. Some electronic gadget, or some DVDs, a shirt, I could easily pick one of those.

for my Sister-in-law, I want to buy a gift which she might use everyday. I feel Sarees are like too common. I have so many of my sarees lying around unused. and many relatives would be giving a saree. Since we are like people from 'outside India', I am thinking of what to buy which is not commonly available .(Though now-a-days, there is nothing that is not available in India)

6. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Why don't you get them something unique to Ireland... since probably your sil has never been. Like maybe a beautiful hand made blanket or crystal glass set.

7. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

HI,
    since you are staying in Ireland, your SIL might be expecting something nice from you, why don't yu buy some nice crockery that is made locally there. Like in Lake District they make excellent crockery, get her nice baking dishes like the one of CORNING WARE, my mum has a whole set of it and we use it.
    get something that she will use and remember you.
    love
    alpa:cheers

8. magicworld

magicworld Bronze IL'ite

I agree with u that its not necessary to give them something common... as u said perfume would be great for ur bro... and again u r right saree such a waste as she must be receiving many sarees also... will she be wearing saree often after marriage. and who said make up stuffs are just use and throw:rotfl my sil got me a make up kit and I used it for all the small functions before and after marriage, during wedding and all the get togethers for almost the first 1 year and whenever I got a compliment for it I use to tell her and she felt happy about it. lipsticks, kajal, gloss these common stuffes are very useful. also I think we should consider how usefull the gift will be not just valuable.