1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

GI infection and secondary lactose intolerance

Discussion in 'Infants' started by loonypooh, May 29, 2010.

1. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Poonam Hugs.

Good to know that Zoey is off the GI infection. Its such a tension I tell you, I can understand. About diaper rash, like others mentioned creams can do good, I haven't been using any though. I make it a point to put the diaper a little away from the skin not very tight fitting and use Mother care liners. It has worked fine for us without any issues during the stressful days.
    Also give some free time during the day or hoisery/ cotton chuddies can be worn with a cotton insert and this might help her recover faster.
    Don't worry she will be fine soon.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  2. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

z is better now, rashes have reduced drastically, and i have been giving her long diaper free time.......

her apetite is back to normal, and looks like she is not so troubled now.
    we are still keeping her only on nestum and applesauce.... for a few more days...

yes i have been using mothercare rash cream,which essentially is zinc oxide...

tikka, we HAVE to use sposies here alone... the water here is hard beyond imagination and using CDS only causes her bum to go red. :(
    so all my lovely CDs have been packed up and kept.

3. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

oh, that is really so sad. I used sposies whenever DS had loosies and that only made things worse. Wish there was a way for you to work that out.