1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

GI infection and secondary lactose intolerance

Discussion in 'Infants' started by loonypooh, May 29, 2010.

1. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi poonam,

thatz so sad..I am fan of little Z:wink:..after reading your post i really got upset..But don't worry dear..things will be OK soon.Tons of positive vibes to you both :cheers.Take care both of you.And update us when you find time.:hiya

2. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

pooh,
    V had atleast 3-4 episodes of GI infection when he was young,,i know how painful it can be for you,,,poor baby Z,,lots of health vibes to the LO..btw,even i was prescribed BIFILAC then..i am not sure if you get pre and probiotic yogurts in india,,even if you dont get them,the homemade yougurt works fine in replacing the GOOD GUT BACTERIA and helps in speedy recovery..

hope Z feels better soon...

3. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

hello all momies, thanks for being there... it means a lot,really!diarrhoea has stopped... but now we are fighting extremely bad diaper rash, she has blisters now there, and this is due lactose intolerance(allergy)
    i am into tears as i write this, poor baby is so sore, but still smiley most of the time.. at nights we have a hard time guess might hurt everytime she pees...

pray for us :)

4. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

That sounds better.Don't worry about the rashes.They will get cleared off very soon. Dress her with mild and airy fabrics.take care:hiya

5. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Pooh, frequent diarrhoea will cause rashes and so will secondary LI (again, not allergy!) Use a barrier cream that will go with CDs (I had no problem zinc oxide creams and sposies, dunno about the store bought kinds tho') . Also, if you had used sposies when she had diarrhoea, there is likely to be some reaction. Poor Z. If you do express some BM that you can spare, apply that generously on the backside, air it and then dress her in dipes. Hugs for you too.

6. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Poonam, yes it sounds better now.. S gets this bad diaper rashes on continous usage of sposies (during travel).. we use B4Nappi , a barrier cream.. we apply it so generously so that it looks like a complete layer between the skin and the dipes... try if you can get that...

Hugs to both mamma and lil Z.
    Vidyaa

7. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

So sorry I couldnt reply to the first post Poonam - havent logged in here for a few days. Anywya glad Z is doing better. As for the rash either Siloderm or Himalayas diaper rash cream or Emolene (in a thick layer after every pee/poo) should work well. Hope she is fine soon.

V.

8. charmingpooh

charmingpooh Bronze IL'ite

hi pooh,

i saw your post now only.dont worry..everything will be good. give her rice kanji and apple.dont make her to be dehydrated. give BM. and for rashes, we used Destin Cream.

9. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Pooh, Cetaphil lotion worked for us :) How is lil Z now?

10. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Poonam,

I checked your thread just now...Hope Zoey is feeling lil better. How is her diaper rash? Diaper rash creams with Zinc oxide work pretty good...You can apply that cream generously and put the diaper...

Zoey will definitely be in my thoughts..
    Take care..