Getting VAT to Market my Home Made Pickles

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by Innovate, May 15, 2012.

1. Innovate

Innovate New IL'ite

Hi all,

I have just started the venture of marketing purely home made pickles. When I say, it is purely home made, it is for sure 100%. I just started this amongst my friends and relatives for the last 10 days and the response and feedback have been good.

I understand that we have to apply for VAT to market this since this is a food product. And for getting a VAT, I need to have a shop. My CA advised me to take a shop for a short time and then get the VAT. I have been searching for a shop which can be rented for a very short period, but no luck!!!

Friends - Please help me to get a shop in Bangalore. Once I get the VAT, I will be able to sell these products in big super markets, etc.

Please, please, please, helpppppppp.........

Innovate

2. dakshayaeni

dakshayaeni Silver IL'ite

? I have a question for you and your CA friend..

Why can't you show your own residential premises as that shop?

For a VAT you need to apply for a trade license..pls check this out first

Also, Since you are into pickle manufacturing apart from VAT, pls do check out if you need excise and health lic as well

I have one suggestion, listen, google for SSI or small scale industry office nearby your place. You first talk to them, for women into all these kinda of stuffs, if you get a SSI certificate then hurrah.no licenses biz...but do talk to your CA and yes, pls visit a SSI center dear

3. vidhyaaroor

vidhyaaroor New IL'ite

Hi,

I would like to buy from you please could you reach out to me or share your number.

Regards
    Vidhya