Getting spouse visa for Qatar

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by Revathi, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Revathi

Revathi Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    my cousin got job in Doha,Qutar and left 3months back,but it seems difficult to getting a spouse visa for his wife.why its like that,what everyone is doing&how long do we need to wait,if anyone had experience,pl share ur info.

2. Payal Datta

Payal Datta New IL'ite

Hi there,

I am also in a terrible problem over here because of the same issue..The visa rules are so unclear over here that what changes no one has any idea. I travelled on a hotel sponsored visa initially with my hubby in June,08 and then returned . Now For him to get the visa now there seem to be following requirements:1) RP should be stamped(it is on his pp) 2) Marriage certificate to be attested by Indian embassy and the qatar ministry of foreign affairs( can be done away with if the PRO can manage) 3) Salary transfer for 3 months in the bank account (MUST).... However, came to know that there is also a procedure wherby the person can apply on his own and get the visa for the spouse (BUT valid only for 6 months)--You never know where the problem may crop in this also...However, certain hotels can arrange for a 14 day visa but that will drill a hole in the pocket...Best of luck

3. ReshmaHussain15

ReshmaHussain15 New IL'ite

Hello Revathi,
    even i am under the same problem.
    My husband got a job in Doha Qatar 3 months back.
    But for getting a spouse visa it is a rule there that you have to get a salary of approx. 10000 riyal, Qatari ID, a driving licence is also helpful.
    After this one needs to have separate house only then can one apply for spouse visa.
    I am too waiting for my Husband to do finish all these formalities & call me there.
    life is difficult at IL place without Husband.
    Best of luck to you too...[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

4. Bhuvanasudha

Bhuvanasudha New IL'ite

Hi,
    To get family visa in Qatar,following are necessary
    1.husband's salary must be minimum of QAR 10000
    2.copy attested marriage certificate
    3.separate house with valid documents and recent electricity bill.
    4.Six months bank statement.
    5.Rp copy , passport copy,degree certificate copy of husband.
    6.passport copy of spouse.
    7.NOC from husband's company
    If everything is perfect, visit visa with 1 month validity which can be extended to 6 months will be received in 3 working days.
    once u come here, you to undergo blood test n fingerprint test to get resident permit visa by submitting all the above documents again .

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Rightly said,Bhuvanasudha.If the above documents are perfect you will get Visa easily.A lot of companies here do not offer family status for certain grades too.

NOTE : Only one correction in the list.I think the bank statement is for 6 months and not 3 months.Has anything changed recently?

1 person likes this.
  6. Bhuvanasudha

Bhuvanasudha New IL'ite

You are right bhuvnidhi, should submit 6 months bank statement. I have modified in my post.

7. Shylajasanthosh

Shylajasanthosh Silver IL'ite

Bhuvanasudha,

Rightly said! Things also get delayed if applied during Ramadan or any Eid. That is because every thing is very slow during that time.

@reshmahussain.. You do not need a driving license. Husband's Qatar ID serves the purpose. After you come here on the one month Visa and finish your medical test and finger print process should take around 10-12 days. and then your RP gets stamped on your passport.