1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Getting Married - Needing Positive Advice

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by VandhenaKrish, Oct 27, 2014.

1. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Hi dear,
    I think all friends who have posted before me has given you right guidance and thought.Generation have changed..language and tradition are no more barriers now in India.U r lucky enough to have a MIL who respects your feelings.Marriage is the stage at which lot of changes happen in a woman's life.Don't set your mind to anything.Keep your mind open enough to accept the changes, be it positive or negative.Don't make too many assumption and calculation dear..just let life go on..Wish you a very happy happy married life :thumbsup

2. Sharangi

Sharangi New IL'ite

Hi

i read about your fears and concerns in the article. First of all its really hard to find a guy with whom you can be sure to live the rest of your life with. You have found that, it's a big plus. Second you are very lucky to have no opposition from parents of both sides. We have heard numerous stories of unhappy ends of lovers who did not get parental approval.

Before re thinking of calling off something like this relationship, you need to realize that even if you find another guy you will have to make changes in your lifestyle so would he. Marriage is a point in life where your life changes, so make your changes positive ones. I also think why you concentrate so much on the less Important issues you will face is because you really do not have major problems to deal with, lucky you. But please understand you should not make decisions based on minor issues, only major irreconcible issues which you don't have.

Last my my opinion is this is going to make you happy in the long run. You will find that you can find ways to deal with the minor irritating aspects. We all get a little nervous before marriage that's normal. So I wish you all the best from my heart. Don't worry.

1 person likes this.
  3. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

OP, you are being too nitpicky here. Focus on all the good that you have got around you. Eventually all that matters is love, adjustment, understanding and peace. If you look around on IL, you will see many unhappy, non-adjusting same caste marriages. Thank your stars and enjoy a blissful married life. Best Wishes

4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

OP got married on 10th Dec 2014.

5. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

whoops! LOL .... looks like I need an eye check up!

6. VandhenaKrish

VandhenaKrish Silver IL'ite

ha ha ha
    yup People ..Thanks a lot anyway but .. I got married on 10th DEc '14 to the same guy whom I wanted to marry and now in my family way ( almost due ) ..

I am leading a happy life with him and yes missing my job and other things .. Still leading a peaceful life . No issues with MIL and even it occurs I maximum ignore and same from her . Once again , thank u all !!!

2 people like this.