1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Getting married in less than 2 weeks - need help girls

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by Sanya6, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Sanya6

Sanya6 New IL'ite

Hi All,

My wedding got fixed in hurry and its on June 28... I'm seriously biting my nails.. Don't know what to get ready within just 2 weeks.. totally nervous.

Can anyone please suggest on what all things should i take care ?
    1. Should i go for facial or not ( as wen even i have got it done within one week i get pimples on my face.
    2. I would be getting married in Bangalore and don't know which parlour to reach out for , for bridal makeup and Saree draping. Can anyone pls suggest me some very good parlous ?

2. minti

minti Senior IL'ite

hi dear,

First and formeost congrats!!!!!!!

Since u r getting married in such a short notice first try and relax, you need to feel calm and happy only then you will have a radiant face on ur big day.

Agreed facials help us to look good but if u r prone to pimples then maybe u can try and keep away from it. You can follow a simple regime to look fresh for ur big day. try home remedies depending on ur skin type. You can use milk cream and besan to cleanse and moisturise your skin.try it for a day and c if you find any diff in ur skin. Also every night or when ever ur eyes feel tired keep two slice of cucumber or raw potato(keep this in the fridge to give a cool feel) to soothe ur eyes. Drink atleast 8 glasses of water to flush out all the toxins and get that glowing skin.

Above all a good night sleep is a must.

Apart from these, make sure you choose the right shade of sari and jewellery that will make you stand out (most of the time people think wearing a heavy saree with lots of jewels is the way to look good but oops:bonk:bonk thats not the way, you need to know what suits you and accordingly design ur look for the day)

The next imp thing is your hairstyle, make sure u get all this right before the big day.

Hey do eat well too because eating right is another important step to a glowing skin.

Any more concerns just write back.

Have a rocking time........:thumbsup

3. Sanya6

Sanya6 New IL'ite

Thanks a ton for replying first of all and for all the tips too Minti.:)

Will surely follow most of it..

Regards,
    Sanya

4. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Congratulations Sanya! :)

If you are allergic to facials, go for face clean up in a nearby parlor - Just they scrub and apply a herbal/fruit pack to your face. Or you can do it for yourself. You need to get some good facial done before the wedding day to have a neat make up on the day. Talk to a good beautician and find which one suits you.

If you are busy with shopping, make sure you apply a sunscreen before stepping out. Like Minti said, cleanse your skin with besan + milk mixture daily. Cleanse with honey + lime mixture on alternate days.

Take carrot juice to get a shining look on your face. Carrot + papaya combo does wonders. Also Lion dates syrup - a spoon daily.

For hair, apply mehandi + egg mixture to hair. Go for a oil massage well in advance if you plan to iron your hair on the wedding day.

Above all jump with joy to get the MARRIAGE glow! :thumbsup

5. simi001

simi001 Senior IL'ite

Dear Saniya,

Firstly hearty congratulations,
    try n relax...... do not take any kind of stress :)
    Since u have 2 weeks fr preps....... simple lifestyle changes will work wonders.
    try n get 7 to 8 of your beauty sleep, drink 2 liters of water everyday, include lots of fresh fruits and veggies i in your diet.
    Trust me u should be able to see significant difference within a week.

Since you are prone to get pimples , try and get clean ups.
    You can try VLCC or Kaya Skin Clinic ( if there is one in banglore) Whichever parlor u decide to take your bridal services , they will provide you assistance with Saree draping also

And in the end just enjoy your special day !!!

6. HemaSathish

HemaSathish New IL'ite

Hi Sanya!

Congratulations and All the Best!

You could do a floral bath at home a day before the wedding. It will give you a new energy and glow.

Just fill a tub with water and various flowers, preferably with 7 different colours representing the rainbow. Do add a lot of roses (they are available in different colours). Pour some rose water and leave all to soak for 1/2 an hr. You can either soak yourself in it or if you do not have a bath tub, bathe with that water and flowers from head to toe. Most importantly fill your mind and heart with positive and happy thoughts while doing this!

Enjoy!

7. Sanya6

Sanya6 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot to all.