1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Getting back to sleep - a big problem

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by sravugarimella, Apr 13, 2007.

1. sravugarimella

sravugarimella New IL'ite

Hi all,

Thanks for the fabulous response. I was very happy to read through them. Also thanks to Induslady for appreciating my name, because after coming to UK I had to cut short it to suit the english people. But thats another story:bangcomp:

Coming to me, I am a working lady with a 5 year old son. So you can imagine the running around from morning to night. But still I had this problem of waking up in the middle of the night and unable to go to sleep until 5 or 6 in the morning. My main worry was thinking about the next day because of my sleepless night.

But I should say after posting this here, now I go to bed and read some slokas to myself and pray to god, and positively enough I am not having to face this anymore. I hope this works out for a long time. Anyway thanks for your support ladies, I feel like I can open up my heart to anything here. :yes: . Have a great day ahead.

2. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I do have the sleep problem for the past several years. I am 47 now and my doc says my problem could be related to my peri menopausal issue . Well, one thing for sure is that my mom and my grandma in my family never slept well in their lives and I would feel it is mostly genetic. Now, I found out that even my niece who is only 12 doesn't sleep that much, irrespective of her hectic schedule.

I did try everything you all have suggested in this thread like no naps during day (never), less food at night and with a glass of water b4 bed, forward bend yogasana, pranayama, good walk etc., nothing works for me. If continuously for a week I don't sleep properly (not even an hour or two at night) then I was given some non habit forming sleep medication (Ambien) to try out, which I am using only when I am extraordinarily tired and badly need sleep. Otherwise, I am carrying on life as usual without worrying much about sleep but always very tired due to lack of sleep at night. But this continuous lack of sleep gives lot of headache and migraine during day as my mind constantly thinks of some issues of life both good and bad incidents.
    Surprisingly, i realized that I sleep very well whenever I visit India, irrespective of noise, sweat etc., I live in the US and mainly the lack of social life, loneliness, boredom etc., r all the main factors that cause sleeplessness.

I am certainly not discouraging anybody here, but just stating the fact.

Geetha Priya.

3. sravugarimella

sravugarimella New IL'ite

Hi Geetha Mam,

Yes, as you said may be its the loneliness and boredom that gives you sleepless nights. Though I work full time I didn't really make good friends here with whom I can share my feelings. And all that emotions keeps building up in you, giving you sleepless nights.

This is the only site where I feel no doubt in expressing myself and that really made a difference. Hope you make friends here and have fun.

Take care

Sravanthi