Getting admission in CBSC school in KG1

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Dubai' started by mrudula13, Mar 24, 2008.

1. mrudula13

mrudula13 New IL'ite

Hello Everyone,

I need the advise on the CBSC schools in dubai. Are they good?

By surfing on net I could see 3 schools in Dubai with CBSC syllabus?

What is the admission procedure for these schools? At the age of 3 (my kid will complete 3 years in March 2009) admission can be taken at KG1 std??? What time generally admission forms come out?

Pls guide me on this Big issue.

Mrudula:)

2. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Hi Mrudula!

According to the ministry of education in Dubai, a kid enrolling for LKG or KG1 must complete 3 years on or by the 15th of April. So good for you!

There are quite a few schools following CBSE, some being : Our Own English High School, Indian High School, Gulf Indian School, The Millennium School, New Indian Model High School, Delhi Private School,etc

Whether the Schools are good or not depends on a persons view point, schools facitilies, reputaion, teachers & most importantly a childs potential. Some people prefer to send a child to a school which has been in the market for a long time, while others prefer to go with the flow.... "All my friends kids are going to XYZ, so I want to as well". You may have to go personally or you could check the websites to narrow down your options.

If you are intending to enroll your kid in any playschool, be sure to ask when whether they help out in gettting admissions in higher school. New Dubai Nursery & Happy Kids Nursery help with admissions in certains schools, OOEHS, Millennium School, Kindergarten Starters, etc being some of them.

Sometimes admissions are prioritized - Siblings, Ex-students, Nursery kids then the general public. The General public go thru' an ordeal as they have a lottery system in some schools. The duration of the admission forms coming out varies.... Some schools begin as early as Oct-Nov, & some as late as Jan-Feb. This year OOEHS had begun during mid-Jan.

At rare occassions, the school asks the parents to enroll the child next year. Reason being they feel the child will have a hard time coping. In such cases, I think parents must get in written that the next year the child will get admission in the same school. But it also happens the other way... Parents feel that the child is too small to go to school, so they postpone sending the child. But it has been known that often an over age child is given second priority.So before you decided whether to put your child in kindergarten, be sure to take him/her there, so as too see their reaction & you too can decide positively.

You have a good one year.... You can visit each school to check out the admission formalities.

I hope I've been helpful...Bow.. Enjoy!

3. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

hi mrudula

well just ani has helped u out with all the details....to my knowledge our own and indian high school and dps are good..but the worst part is in all these schools,since they have lots of applications they select thwe children by draw system....so make sure u get applications frm 3 or 4 schools and make sure tht u find a seat for ur child atleast in one school....

lov
    sowmi

4. mrudula13

mrudula13 New IL'ite

Hello Ani and Sowmi

Ani, thank you very much for detail information. it will definitely help us to put our kid to KG!. but after knowing that the admissions there are given on lottery basis I feel very unsecured with my kid's admission to KG1. ...many kids might be loosing chance from admissions.......i am really nervous....i dont want to waste his one year by putting him in nursery or so.....i want him to be in the school premises....hope so all will go well...dont they conduct any interviews of children???

Recently we planned out that my hubby will go first to search a house and all. After he goes, we will come there by September. I think if I come in September, there wont be prob in getting admissions as form comes out in Oct-Nov or Jan.....only i am worried about the lottery system.....ohh God pls help me and my little one!!

Where do u people stay in Dubai? which area? I heard area named Karama has lot of Indians....hows the area....whats rent there for 1bhk? is studio good to stay for three people??? how much does it cost??? any other area u can suggest...rent should be not more than 50,000 dhs per annum...

I wanted one more help from you people....Can you suggest me some research areas (academic areas - social research for my dissertation. areas such as women, children....or any major social or family issues in Dubai) on which i can work??? specially on Asians or Indians in Dubai....what can be the research areas there.....

thank you very much for ur help
    be in touch

with warm regards
    Mrudula

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  5. sowminivibu

hi mrudula

the karama area as u said is full of indians......right now even a studio in karama costs arnd 60k dhs per annum...dubai is becuming very expensive and offlate there has been an increase in all the items..abt the studio it wud just be a room which wud be ur hall and bedroom...other than that u wud get a small kitchen n a toilet......dun wry abt ur kids admission...i am sure u wud be able to put him in..abt ur wrk i am not sure..let me check n get back......if u go in september are u planning to put ur child till march in sum nursery??

lov
    sowmi

6. mrudula13

mrudula13 New IL'ite

Dear Sowmi

Ya i have also heard about Karama as the area where most of the Indians stay. We would also prefer that area. As u have mentioned that its getting very expensive day by day....one need to think yarr!! are studios comfortable for 3 people???

I have done my masters in Anthropology. Presently I am purusing my Ph.D. in Human Development. If I come there by Sept I would like to continue my doctoral study. For the same I was asking you people about the research areas which can be suitable to the lifestyle in dubai. can you suggest me few research areas related to women, or working environment,etc any of each I can choose for my doctoral study.

Wanted to ask you one more thing. As I will come there on dependent visa.....Do i need to get assessed my degree certificate from Ministry of Foriegn Affiars India and UAE Embassy???? As my husband did.

Waiting for ur reply

7. sowminivibu

dear mrudula

am not sure abt the degree cert getting asses by the ministry..i am sure usha krishnan our local champion wud be able to help u out...

so howz ur lil one doing??

lov
    sowmi

8. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Mrudula,
    If you plan to take up employment, you will need a work permit (what we call as Labour Card), irrespective of whether you will be on husband's sponsorship or on emplyment visa. For this, you will have to get your certificates attested.

As regards your query on houses, Al Qusais is a popular area as well. Here the rents will be slightly lesser than in Karama. In my opinion, you should choose the house closer to your husband's workspot, so he can avoid long hours in the traffic congestion.
    Please feel free to let us know if you have any more questions.

Regards
    USHA

9. mrudula13

mrudula13 New IL'ite

Dear Didi,

I am really very very confused on this whole Attestation Issue.....

My husband is in the process of attesting his degree certificate. We are from Baroda, Gujarat. He has attested his degree certificate from the state education dept, gandhinagar. So he now needs to attest his certificate from Ministry of Foreign Affiars, Govt of India, Delhi and UAE consulate, Mumbai.

What about me? I have done my pg. But I will do the attestation for my degree certificate. Now I am confused, How do i do it? what is the process for me? i hv done my graduation from bombay. what other certificates I need to attest?

For my baby, from where should I attest birth certificate? What is the process?

We are not finding anyone who will do on our behalf.....any agent or someone.

I tried to call in the embassy consulate mumbai for 4-5 times but not getting reply in a positive and informative way. They kept me on hold for 5-7 mins in each call and passed the ph to one another.....no one was sure:)

Now can you pls guide me on this issue???

With Warm Regards,

10. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Mrudula,
    No worry..Cheer up!. I will try to find out some info on the attestation and let you know.

Love
    USHA