1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Getting a good wife is God's blessings

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Sep 30, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

There is a saying in tamil "Manaivi amayvadhellam iraivan kudutha varam"

Usually they say if the lady of the house is good then everything is good. Dont know why they dont say Kanavan amaivadhellam iraivan kudutha varam.

I think must be it is difficult for men to get a good wife but it is easy for a woman to get a good husband or might be that a woman can adjust to her husband and if he is not according to her taste, she can change him.

It must be difficult for a man to change his wife in some cases not in all cases. A woman can live anyhow but for a man it is difficult to change a woman

What do you all think about this saying.

2. vaishnavisri

vaishnavisri Senior IL'ite

I have seen women sacrificing so much for men, this proportion is generally more. Also women change so much according to her husband's wish. Somewhere its vise versa too. Only then a beautiful family blossoms right!!
    Vaishnavi

3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

This is my way of understanding this saying: 1. In yesteryears the tradition was the joint family system. The wife has to adjust to everything and everybody. If she does not her husband is torn between loyalty to family members and his wife making his life miserable. 2. The wife also manages running of the household - so if she splurges and spends too much and uses her husband's income to quarrel with him all the time it is not good for the family. 3. The wife when becoming the mother is the first teacher to their children. The values she instills in her children will determine how the world sees their family. I can go on and on about the important role a wife plays in the family - hence she is a gift from God

4. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

I think this proverb comes from the men dominating world. A man can be however he wishes to be, his wife should adjust. But a woman should be perfect in whatever role she takes.

But this actually applies to both man and woman. Whether husband or wife, it is a blessing from God to get a good life partner...

5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

...continuing my thoughts..it can also be an advise to men: " hey man, your wife is a gift from God; so take good care of her and don't abuse her". The say every woman is the form of Ambal, the feminine aspect of God; so God is gifting every man with this Ambal.
    These adages were coined to bring about unity within family and society; hence they have stood the test of time. We can interpret it the way we see fit but in the end we should be happy about it.... that's my take.

6. GayathriR

GayathriR New IL'ite

I think the husband and the wife both, are important because we cannot clap with just a single hand. I know in the earlier generations wives had to adjust because the society was so, but these days its equally important that the husband also adjusts as the wives too have demands these days!!!
    In short if you are in a happy relationship thank God for giving you a good husband or wife and hope that we are equally good to them.

Gayathri:)

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vaishnavi

Thank you for your views and experience.

love
    viji

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamala

Thanks for your fb and good to know your views. Enjoyed reading it

love
    viji

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ice

You are right man or woman both are gift from God and its each one's luck to get the best

love
    viji

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Gayathri

You are right. Earlier days only woman had to adjust but now woman also expect that men should adjust.

love
    viji