1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Get To Know Your Lemon

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by sunkan, Aug 31, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

[​IMG]

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="mso-cellspacing: 1.5pt" cellPadding=0 border=0><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">The lemon tree is one of the oldest cultivated fruit plants originated from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region>. Today, lemon trees grow in subtropical climates all over the world, especially in <st1:State><st1:place>Florida</st1:place></st1:State> and the <st1:place>Mediterranean</st1:place>. Though the fruit and its juice have a sour taste to it, lemon is actually a fantastic buffer in the body and can reduce hyperacidity in the STOMACH Lemon juice and peels have an antiseptic effect and the leaves of the tree are used to reduce fever. In addition, lemons are rich in VITAMIN C which strengthens the immune system and acting as an antioxant, protects cells from radical damage.
    Lemons as a therapeutic usage helps ANTI INFLAMMATORYaction. It helps the body cleanse itself by promoting perspiration and acting as a natural DIURETIC. Lemons also stimulate the appetitie, aids digestion, strengthens body defense system, relieves cramps and also dilates the BLOOD VESSELS in the skin.
    <TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-table-lspace: 2.25pt; mso-table-rspace: 2.25pt; mso-table-anchor-vertical: paragraph; mso-table-anchor-horizontal: column; mso-table-left: right; mso-table-top: middle" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right border=0><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">

Lemons are known for useful remedies for GOUT,urine retention, athritis, vitamin C deficiency, INFLAMMATION of the mouth and throat, hoarseness, digestive disorders, ASTHMA nervousness, INSOMNIA, heart palpitations and helps the system with diseases of the stomach, LIVER and intestines.
    Some uses for lemons:
    Infusions from lemon leaves;
    Pour 1 cup of boiling water over 3 tsp. of dried leaves and allow to steep for ten minutes. To reduce fever and relieve CRAMPS, drink up to 2 cups per day.
    Sweetened with honey, this tea helps coughs and asthma.
    It is also a cure for insomnia. It promotes relaxation and DEEP SLEEP. Drink 1 cup before retiring at night.
    Lemon Peels;
    Relief from joint and PAINS.
    The fragrant volatile oils found in the peel help relax blood vessels and produce an anti-inflammatory effect.
    Grate the peel from one lemon, being careful to get only the yellow layer and none of the white pith underneath. Rub the grated peel into the affected body part and wrap with a BANDAGE(cotton prefer) Keep in place for one to two hours.
    Lemon Juice;
    Soothing sunburns
    Using COTTON BALLS gently apply diluted lemon jice to sunburned skin. The juice acts as an astringent, relieving the PAIN.
    Lemon Juice;
    Emergency Disinfectant
    lemon juice can disinfect minor wounds or LESIONS in the mouth and throat. (such as cankor sores)
    Apply diluted juice to affected areas or gargle several times a day.
    The Lemon and the Juice;
    Alleviate SORE THROATand hoarseness
    Squeeze one lemon and dilute the juice with 1 cup of hot water. Gargle three times a day with the juice.
    Lemon Juice and Water;
    Stop a nosebleed
    Dribble a small amount of diluted lemon juice on a cotton ball and dab it repeatedly onto the nasal mucous MEMBRANE. The lemon's astringent effect draws the body tissues together.
    Pick organic lemons if you can, mostly if you plan to use the peels. They should be bright and firm with a fine grained skin. A very course exterior may indicate a thick skin, which may mean less juicy flesh. Large lemons tend to be thick skinned. Size doesn't mean more juice. A lemon that feels heavy for its smaller size usually means more juice which is what you are aiming for.

information searched by sunkan

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hey Sunkan

I am an ardent fan of Lemon. Its a must in my shoppee list.... I eat atleast half a lime every day. either in salads or dhaal or a juice.... I cant live without my nimbu, my sour yellow round friend... Love my Lemon........

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

ME TOO SO LETS MAKE A NIMBU GANG HERE, WHO CAN GO WITHOUT IT, EVEN RASAM TAKES A GREAT SHADE HIGHER,AND SALADS, DO WONDERS, EVEN MY BABY POTATO FRY CANT DO WITHOUT THEM..SUNKAN

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Lemon Rasam, lemon salty pickle, Lemon hot pickle, lemon in chaats,,

My hearty bouncy, yellow friend.. lemon