1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Get rid of cooking smell

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by meghakapoor, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Gannettcooking

Gannettcooking New IL'ite

Yes. The way I got rid of the smell is by doing the following:

1. Open windows in both directions for cross ventilation during summer time. Also remember to open the windows in your bedrooms for the smell to escape eventhough bedroom doors are closed.

2. MOST IMPORTANT: I found out the smell generated from cooking is not entirely from the blend of spices. I found it is from the "oil" blended with all the spices carried in the steam on to the overhead lights and exhaust fans and other fixtures.

Action: After everyday's cooking, use dish soap(sink soap) generously with hot water and cloth the wipe the stove cleanly, over heads lights, exhaust fans and filters and other overhead equipments.

Every other week, remove exhaust filters, soak it in hot water in the sink with dish soap for 10 minutes. Clean and fit it back. Wipe cabinets both up and down with damp soap cloth.

You will be amazed with the results. Remember, it is the oil from cooking remains and cause the odor to stay.

Good luck.

2. Antu601

Antu601 Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    regarding the way to get rid of smell in kitchen i have been doing is just put some vinegar in a spray bottle ans spray on walls of kitchen or keep baking soda in a dish in corner of your kitchen. it is the best deodouriser.
    regarding the mixers problem i too remove it in the same way as suggested by sunitha.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  3. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello,

What we do is just keep the Windows open & use an Exhaust Fan :thumbsup

4. manivannanlaksh

manivannanlaksh New IL'ite

hai
    i am also suffering from same probs try lighting some tea candles in all the places like hall kitchen .....hope it will help you.....i tried it....

5. manivannanlaksh

manivannanlaksh New IL'ite

and also u hv to do it 1/2hr before u start cooking